Mandy.com

Okay, basically I have my movie complete and posted it on www.mandy.com

I am getting interested parties that possibly want to distribute my film. They are contacting me by email because of the Mandy website. Looks like some of them are legit in status, while a couple others based around Russia I'm leary of. I know a couple who have contacted me have agreements in place just for screening my movie. A couple fo them are: 1. York Entertainment based out of California 2. IDEA PRODUZIONI they are based out of Italy.

Do think this might be a good opportunity to see if I can get distribution?

My movie: I Love That Effing Zippy a black comedy about life, love, and death, death sometimes being the Grim Reaper.

thanks

marcel

I have heard of York Entertainment but i do not know much about them.

As long as they are not expecting you to pay anything up front you have everything to gain and nothing to lose as long as you read the terms and conditions before signing any papers.

I have had a film released through York and it's fair to say their rep is pretty bad. That said I like them and **so far** have found them true to their word and have done good work for 'Left For Dead' (www.left4dead.co.uk). They don't ask for an unfront and can handle world wide on a limited scale.

Your still better off finding a sales agenet who will do all that and the legal side as well. Someone like CinemaVault which handle their product well.

Phil Hobden
--Modern Life?--
Sage Like Wisdom... No cost!

Interesting story about York.

I've made a couple of movies for them. I invited them to the screening of my last movie and they didn't show. But two days later Ava contacted me, wanting a screener. I didn't reply.

She e-mailed several times and called both the producer and me every day for a week. Finally I sent them a screener. Ava turned it down.

Two days later I got an e-mail from Ava wanting to see my movie - she had seen the listing on Mandy. When I called to see if she had reconsidered, she suddenly remembered she had already passed and blamed me for confusing her.

Go ahead and send them a screener. Send a screener to everyone who asks for one. When they make an offer that’s the point you start your due diligence. As Boz said, when it’s time for money to come into play you really should get a lawyer involved.

Ha! Sounds like York!!! Just make sure you ask for proof on the cover art work and if you can final check off. I hated the cover artwork they did for us and they spelt my name wrong! Ha! Mistakes (and lessons learnt) happen I guess!

Phil Hobden
-- Modern Life? --

Back