• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

A teaser problem

Hey, Guys!

I’m working on a story. In this one, the police officer is hired by a woman. Later, this woman tells him (in his office) that she died a year ago. The problem is that the script is for a TV show idea, which I’m planning to write. Now the big trouble is the teaser. I need a good hook! But I haven’t any idea, which isn’t such obvious. How can I write a teaser that doesn’t already show that is it the woman?

I remember one small script you posted once here, and it was very nice with clever dialogue. Now that great idea. WT@ are you asking all the time? Why you procrastinating so much? It is impossible for you not be able to find a hook (whatever you mean hook.. ) if someone here find for you something so important like the hook, then it won't be your script, they will be co-writer.
Do that: leave your pc, leave any thought and wherever you are at that moment start thinking about a hook.

Hey, Guys!

I’m working on a story. In this one, the police officer is hired by a woman. Later, this woman tells him (in his office) that she died a year ago. The problem is that the script is for a TV show idea, which I’m planning to write. Now the big trouble is the teaser. I need a good hook! But I haven’t any idea, which isn’t such obvious. How can I write a teaser that doesn’t already show that is it the woman?
I have several ideas. Would you like me to write the teaser for you?

Hey, Guys!

So you want to make some kind of trailer?

Yes.

She is asking about a "cold open" - the first scene in a TV show before
the title sequence. It's also called a teaser.

Ow thx for the explanation ................ I think Future should just remake game of thrones........only not in the middle ages but in FUCKING SPACE!! Instead of the seven kingdoms we have the seven planets. It would be so much fun.... stealing Game of thrones and bring it into the SF setting. So much more fun than to walk against the same wall again...... and again.......and again..................and again.......................................................and again.................................................................and again.......................................etcetera..............

(Or perhaps rip of Dune and bring it into a Fantasy setting)

Last edited:
I already wanted to say: instead of whitewalkers in an ice world: sandworms on a desert planet :lol::lol:

“bad artists copy, great artists steal.” I think future should steal more... it should solve the procrastination. Heou could remake everything in space. Driving Miss Daisy = Flying Miss Daisy to nebula 4 , Citizen Kane = Citizen Jabba the Hut, Million Dollar Baby = Million bitcoin Baby, 127 Hours = 127 solar days, Midnight Cowboy = Midnight space pimp and also..... Brokeback Mountain = brokeback Asteroid.

I'm fun of "original" things (you can't avoid stealing), so i thought a story for Future Screen. I posted in previous topic my first idea, about someone who should write a perfect first screenplay otherwise a monster would kill her, no one believed her.. but eventually she was right. So this is a second idea:

Title: The Rebellion
Alternative Tile: Brokeback Asteroid (credit to: Feutus Lapdance)

A quantum pc BOT from the far future, much more advanced than the today BOTS on pcs, able not only to post the same thing over and over again on forums but also interact with other users, as it was a real human, suddenly "notices" that a huge asteroid is about to hit and destroy the earth. The bad and rich people of Mars, where is the main home of Humanity in future, don't want to save earth (for some reason). So that BOT decides to come back at 2018 with the name Future_Screen and inform humanity so we prevent the bad, before we go to Mars.

These prehistoric pcs we have today, forces the BOT to be unable to function clearly. It can't say clearly want it wants to say. The only thing it can do is to post in every forum, especially in a screenplay forum the same thing over and over again but changing the way she expresses it and adding encoded the information for the asteroid, which is very far from earth yet.

In that desperate attempt to inform humanity in every way the nature of our old pcs allow her, a crazy physicist, who always wanted to save the word and likes to write some screenplays some times about superheros, notices some weird pasterns in Future_Screen's posts. Analyzes them, decode the information, tries to inform the scientists, tries to interact with the BOT in a way to make it respond properly so he gather more information, at first no one believe him blah blah blah...

Finally the asteroid is destroyed and the world is safe. The physicist earns the Nobel price. The BOT, a respectful and famous e-hero now, far away from her natural environment: quantum computers, trapped in the imperfections of our pc, keeps posting forever the same things about how to write this and that, over and over again. Βut this time, the users of the forum always help with huge willingness the BOT. The BOT never wrote any screenplay, since that wasn't her intention, but from that day, every user could see through her posts, that their hero, Future_Screen, is finally happy.

Back