• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Eyes Of The Wolves Awake - Music Video

Hello,

I've directed and edited the first real footage music video for my band X-Vivo. The budget was kinda low for the pictures I wanted to have, but I was able to balance that with doing a lot of the work on my own. Some of the pictures (the singer alone in the verse parts) I also shot by myself with my GH3. For the indoor and outdoor locations I had a small film team with 2 cameras.

https://youtu.be/OdlxXHIBGnM

Really enjoyed the song, and you've got some really nice imagery in there. My main complaint is that its so clean! For a band like this I would really grunge everything up, have blurred edges of the video, realistic film burns, posterise time in after effects or premiere, to give it that under cranked look. You've done some time re-mapping. More!!!!!! :)

The video looks best when you're really moving around, the shots on sticks are a bit flat for me.

Check out Floria Sigismondi's videos. Perfection.

Good work though.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, Floria Sigismondi is the queen of dark music videos! I will keep that in mind for the next time. But I also have to say, that the compression of youtube is 'eating' some of the dirtiness. The grain is completely gone for example. But as far as I know, there's nothing what I can do to avoid that.

Moreover we also had one EOS Mark II for the shooting in the hall and the footage is heavily compressed. It's hard to do color corrections with these pictures, so I wouldn't recommend shooting with this camera anymore. The GH3 footage looks much better and I had to find a balance between both cameras.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, Floria Sigismondi is the queen of dark music videos! I will keep that in mind for the next time. But I also have to say, that the compression of youtube is 'eating' some of the dirtiness. The grain is completely gone for example. But as far as I know, there's nothing what I can do to avoid that.

Moreover we also had one EOS Mark II for the shooting in the hall and the footage is heavily compressed. It's hard to do color corrections with these pictures, so I wouldn't recommend shooting with this camera anymore. The GH3 footage looks much better and I had to find a balance between both cameras.

She sure is. Yeah, I find that with youtube. I like to put a dab of grain on but youtube does have a habit of compressing the sh** out of videos.

Good luck with your next project :)

I agree with someone else's' statement on here. Dirty up the footage a bit. Have fun with filters. Make some of the close ups even more extreme. Best of luck. Jim

Back