Brain Storming Ways To Make Shorts Profitable

So, do you think that he could have made those movies without making shorts for 7 years?

Do you also think it's a waste of time to train for years to win the Olympics? ;)

Or is there any chance that training and getting experienced is one of the elements that will help you to gain success?

Hey don't shoot the messenger, I am just telling you what he said.
He did commentary tracks on both his films, check them out. He believes that he wasted way too much time making shorts and should have moved into features sooner

It's more than two years later. Has Modern Day Myth Prod. LLC gotten any of his proposed stories published and kickstarted his franchise?

I never addressed his "agents are not necessary" remark, so I will now. They AREN'T necessary for submitting to low-circulation sci-fi magazines who (A) rarely pay for stories and instead give the author free copies and (B) receive a flood of submissions from thousands of amateur sci-fi authors. A inexperienced, unpublished writer would find it tough to get accepted by any magazine with a circulation of 1,000, and such a small market wouldn't provide the potential fan base to jumpstart his film.

As for the higher-circulation mags, they definitely do not give attention to unknown/unpublished writers. They either deal with agented submissions or solicit stories from popular authors.

Anything's possible, but it was a plan based on lottery-win odds of success.

Back