• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Something to Be Desired: New Episode, New Site

stbd1 said:
Thanks! I'm sure my actors will enjoy knowing that someone appreciates their work.

I'm pretty sure each of the characters takes turns being either the hated or the sympathetic type. No one's ever really an antagonist for long.

Except maybe Leo...
I relate to Leo. So far he is my window into this.

Leo is a great character, indeed.

There has been a lot of development of other characters in the past two months, though, as well. On top of that, the cast seem to be working a lot more naturally with each other.

Karen, in particular, is developing her own very unique style that plays very well. She's almost at "the Leo-level"* in some way.

I bet this thread would make "Homepage Picks" if STBD1 plopped one or two recent direct links in the initial post of this thread. :cool:

* I coined a new term, Mr STBD1... All actors (and their development) are to be measured against the Leo-level!

But don't let that get to Leo's head... whichever one he's thing with, this week :lol:

Zensteve said:
Leo is a great character, indeed.

There has been a lot of development of other characters in the past two months, though, as well. On top of that, the cast seem to be working a lot more naturally with each other.

Thanks, Deadman and Steve.

I never know if I should be proud that so many people identify with Leo or if I should feel sorry for a lot of people... Probably both...

I'm always interested in hearing how each viewer "reads" the characters a little differently. There are some who love Leo and some who hate him, and the same can be said for Dean. Beyond that, some viewers like a certain type of acting more than another, so what one person loves in Leo's delivery, another might despise. It's a very interesting experiment in learning about audiences...

I think the characters have started to gell together and grow in the past few months because we can finally move beyond the "introduction" stage and start building on what we've started. Karen's a good example of that. Now that her style and idiosyncracies have been established, we can put her in situations and see how she reacts rather than spending much more time explaining who she "is"...

Plus the cast is more comfortable with one another, and with me, which helps.

Back