• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch I, Creator -- A 4 Minute Preview

I second what ROC said MSP. This guy spends money like water and seems to think that he created a masterpiece and knows something that none of the rest of us do. He also doesn't see the other youtube videos that have gone viral, it had nothing to do with their quality. Youtube is also free, nobody's going to be spending money on that.

He doesn't need any luck. He knows everything already. I just got word he's been chosen to DP and Sound Design "Avatar 2", he's so good.

Oh man, I just about peed myself. Nice one. :lol:

P.S. He has disabled ratings on his Youtube clip AND he moderates/approves comments. Hence, no comments or rating.

Last edited:
P.S. He has disabled ratings on his Youtube clip AND he moderates/approves comments. Hence, no comments or rating.

I guess the fish hasn't come along yet that leaves positive comments...

Oh well.

I kind of feel bad for the guy, now.

I wonder why he came on this site to begin with?

Free promotion, maybe?

Hold on, I gotta sneeze...

ah..... ahh.......... ahCH-BANHIM.

Whew.

I want the time back that I spent attempting to help the guy.

Did anyone else get anything out of my posts regarding sound? C'mon, make me feel better!

lol,

Well, he's just posting it up on message boards like this one - one of his posts says "On another board someone commented..."

Last edited:
lol,

Well, he's just posting it up on message boards like this one - one of his posts says "On another board someone commented..."

He's a fake. He's just posting his video up to get you-tube views which means absolutely nothing.

Not true!:no:

Most of the hits came from overseas. I don't know people overseas.

All my comment means is that this is not the first filmmakers board to view the 4 minute preview. That's all. You are trying to turn an innocent comment into something devious. What you are doing is wrong.

Last edited:
I gave constructive criticism and you went off the wall, got all defensive and argumentative and even started to be insulting. You will never get anywhere in the film industry if you cannot take the hits.

Independent Film does not = shit. The vast majority of independent films I have seen are at least competently produced.

So let me say this straight out: Everyone here is trying to be REALLY kind to you because the footage available on Youtube is embarrassingly awful. Everything about it is low grade. Z grade. It’s crap.

I tried to be nice. I did my best to give you advice that I believe would help you improve as a filmmaker.

But you had to be completely defensive. So I will continue to be perfectly honest…

The music I was talking about is the music in the trailer. I’ve no idea what music is in the actual film, but the music in the trailer is just jarringly bad.

I was not "ripped off" on my short by hiring a sound guy a and small crew that knew what the hell they were doing. The crew worked hard and the results were there for all to see. My short received a standing ovation at the NY Film Festival and those New York crowds are tough. They will boo, hiss or walk out if they don’t like a film. After the premiere I was approached by a producer who asked me to do seven days work rewriting his project, which was about the shoot. The money I was paid for that one job paid for my 35mm blowup.

What amazes me is that despite it being my first short film, it had some success. And I learned from it all. I took whatever tough talk was thrown my way and thought about it.

Meanwhile, I’ve been involved as a writer with two films that have been produced. Feature length films. I was brought in to do re-writes on both (the scripts were just laughably bad), so I guess you’ve no idea what you are talking about.

Good luck to you. I hope you win lotto because you are gonna need it.

Your attempted comment on youtube was very childish and unprofessional. So, I did you a favor.

That NYIIF&V Festival gets no recognition from withoutabox.

So, you've worked on crap.

The music in my trailer is great.

You are just so jealous you tried to talk crap on youtube.

The audio in the trailer is BAD, the lighting is bad, and there are some bad shots. All I can do is plan to make all these things better in a future production.

Female Combatants! I saw it awhile back -I love that stuff.

There are a few that are similar, but I think it's Female Combatants
where they shoot like a 20 minute fight scene as the sun is going down, in a public park. lol

-Thanks-

Yes, the whole two features were shot in a public park.

The movies show what is possible with limited funds and a limited crew. It's nothing great. But, it's fun to watch.

I've read and heard that it's an axiom (assuming that axiom is the correct word) in low budget filmmaking that audiences can sit through "poor" visuals and easily accept the lousy visuals as ... part of the aesthetic whole.

BAD SOUND ... especially lousy sound that makes dialogue a burden to hear ... is far more damaging in labeling a work "amateurish"

It's strange but true: in a "visual" medium, lousy AUDIO often kills worse than poor visuals.

And I don't know nuthin' about AUDIO! :no:

4826124448_70cdc6b425.jpg

Here's a dark grungey visual I grabbed off video (about a Russian girl traveling with a carnival thru Indiana this summer) ... It was pretty DARK between the tents, pretty bad image, had to up the brightness beyond the sane laws of Man and Nature ... but you'd get used to it faster than if it were equally lame audio where you couldn't hear her interview etc.

Plus, I'm betting my lil editing fx let me "rescue" lousy video better than I could "rescue" bad audio??? Miss the dialogue and can it be salvaged, I dunno? I suppose there's always post! :)

So ... for what it's worth ... AUDIO is important! I need learn (and I'm trying to learn) that myself!

Last edited:
I've read and heard that it's an axiom (assuming that axiom is the correct word) in low budget filmmaking that audiences can sit through "poor" visuals and easily accept the lousy visuals as ... part of the aesthetic whole.

BAD SOUND ... especially lousy sound that makes dialogue a burden to hear ... is far more damaging in labeling a work "amateurish"

It's strange but true: in a "visual" medium, lousy AUDIO often kills worse than poor visuals.

And I don't know nuthin' about AUDIO! :no:

4826124448_70cdc6b425.jpg

Here's a dark grungey visual I grabbed off video (about a Russian girl traveling with a carnival thru Indiana this summer) ... It was pretty DARK between the tents, pretty bad image, had to up the brightness beyond the sane laws of Man and Nature ... but you'd get used to it faster than if it were equally lame audio where you couldn't hear her interview etc.

Plus, I'm betting my lil editing fx let me "rescue" lousy video better than I could "rescue" bad audio??? Miss the dialogue and can it be salvaged, I dunno? I suppose there's always post! :)

So ... for what it's worth ... AUDIO is important! I need learn (and I'm trying to learn) that myself!

You are correct about the audio. That is why I've spent countless sleepless nights working to revamp it to be as good as possible.

It is encouraging from people viewing the 20 and 23 revisions that the audio has big improvements. It makes all those sleepless nights worth all the hard work.

I hope I'm here long enough for people to realize I'm a very straight forward individual.

I've worked in enough productions to see all the egos in the crew and postproduction people where they lock horns all thinking they know the other person's job. Most of the time they don't. I have a good sense of who knows what they are talking about and who is a BS artist. That goes with filmmakers too.

While posts and posters can become contentious, I really don't think it's fair to accuse someone of being "fake" , especially when he didn't have to fork over for a Premiere membership to post about his work.

Back