• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Looking For Critique On New Short Film

About 4 Months ago posted a short film, "Stranger With a Gun" on this forum and got a lot of useful critique. We have just put that critique to use and finished a new short "Neverlanders." I would love it if we could get some more critique on this to help us grow further.

http://vimeo.com/106646664

i really like it and i wish my first shorts were that good.

there are two things i would maybe think about next time. the first is a more general thing about the story, for me it is too much radio. that sounds really bad, but i guess it is just a matter of editing. leave some room for your pictures.

the second thing is the look. i dont want to talk about color grading coz thats just a matter of taste. but when i look at the pictures it lookes like you shot on a mft sensor. there is no depth of field. so that is not a bad thing in the first place but everything seems to sharp, to real, it has kind of a video reality, maybe you want to try some filters next time that would give you a litte more filmic look like i.e. a black mist filter.

but again, i really like your short.

Thanks for watching it, and glad you enjoyed it. As far as image goes it was shot on the Black Magic so I'm not really sure how we could go about making it much more filmic.

Thanks for watching it, and glad you enjoyed it. As far as image goes it was shot on the Black Magic so I'm not really sure how we could go about making it much more filmic.

Impressive short and I enjoyed it. I love this kind of slow burn, lovely little story. When you shot this on the BMCC, was it raw or prores?

Last edited:
Thanks for the response I'm glad you liked it. We shot this in prores 422. Raw is just too much to handle in editing.

Last edited:
Back