Film Freeway

Holy crap is it easier to use, and more useful than withoutabox.

This really is not an advertisement or promotion for them. My experience between these two sites is night and day. I have gotten projects into more festivals on filmfreeway.com and it has been an easier and cheaper endeavor than I ever expected (mostly due to withoutabox)

I totally agree. What's crazy is filmfreeway toppled wob recently in all aspects. Traffic, users etc.

WOB is now trying to compete on a financial level. They sent my competition a request to join for free and a comparable cost structure to FilmFreeway.

Ugh, what a nightmare to navigate their site... plus their response time was ridiculous. The guys who originally coded it 20 years ago (and sold it....which i met at TIFF14) are probably still authors on most of the code. Amazon hasn't spent a dime improving the site.

They sat behind their 'patent' and cashed in with no innovation. I was really glad to see filmfreeway enter the market.

WOB still will never go away because they are linked to IMDB...and everyone uses that.

We have hosted a film festival for several years and are very impressed with Film Freeway. If a filmmaker needs a refund for any reason, FF does so promptly and without question. Also, their site is fully automated, so we don't have to wait for anyone to approve our site before it is launched.

We really like Film Freeway. That said, we still use withoutabox as well, and about 50% of our entries still come from them. They are continually making improvements in an attempt to "catch up" to Film Freeway, and perhaps eventually they will. In any case, the competition has been good for both the filmmaker and the festival hosts.

IMDB is also a bit archaic though. It will probably remain useful, but let's be real- no one is passionate about their dictionary.

Another nice thing about filmfreeway is not paying per online screener. I also like having my vimeo account linked directly to my projects. It is just one less thing to worry about, file to compress, whatever.

I will also say, I totally gave up on festival submissions. It was just a money pit that made no sense. My experience with film freeway changed that.

Back