hey there.

Hi there all,
Im Monica, 16, wanting to be a director and actor someday, currently studying media and film in VCE and hope to attend NYU when i finish school :)
I love Tim Burton he is my most favourite director and my favourite movies are pretty in pink, cloudy with a chance of meatballs, beetlejuice, alice in wonderland, the breakfast club, django, the wizard of oz (1939)
happy to talk to anyone :D

Hey Monica, I'm Garrett, 25, I am also an aspiring director/actor. Nice to meet you.
I think that is cool you want to go to NYU, have you looked into any other film schools? I went to film school in San Francisco (AAU) It is a great experience, I recomend practicing making films on your own as much as possible before getting to film school, that away you'll be a step ahead of everyone! And always stay passionate. Have you made any films?

Last edited:
Hi Monica,

I've just completed VCE (last year) and am taking a gap year to earn some money and perfect my skill before going to Swinburne or VCA next year (I can't quite afford to move out of the country just yet!)

I've noticed this site nowadays is made up of mainly Aussies, British and of course Americans :)

-Brendan

Hello! Dylan, age 22. Aspiring Writer/Director. Working on my first legitimate short film right now. Debating on going to New York Film Academy. Nice to meet ya.

Hey all sorry for the late post reply, i just started year 11, and Homework is doing my head in.

GPS7PRO: i have looked at other schools but NYU jumped out to me the most, and really caught my eye. i also wanna go to CalArts like Tim Burton, yea i have made some short short amateur films www.youtube.com/monicalaurensfilms

i just found out today that i am doing a mission trip to Nepal in November so i am planning on making a documentary while im there :D

Back