• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 8 BITS: Call of Duty Veteran Flashbacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj2ltBlmpM4

An old gamer tells his grandkids about a crappy multiplayer map.

This is the debut of standalone 8 BITS sketches, instead of episodes featuring multiple sketches. I'm going to try to make 3 or 4 a week, on top of live-action videos

Leave some comments folks, so I don't feel like I'm talkin to a wall here

Much prefer the rapid blackout-style pieces. Consider finishing & polishing a complete "season" of material, instead of trying to fix it all as you go. Consistency is important, too.

I second what Zensteve said. The first format of the show was far better. I liked the faster pacing of the skits, and the more drawn out run time and less frantic pacing of the new one just isn't as funny.

I second what Zensteve said. The first format of the show was far better. I liked the faster pacing of the skits, and the more drawn out run time and less frantic pacing of the new one just isn't as funny.

I intend to make most sketches fast paced, this was just one that required some slower pacing and a LOT of dialogue. The next one coming up probably won't even top 30 seconds, and it's far funnier. (But the animation is being a pain in the ass at the moment)

I already voiced my opinion in the other thread, but I can't help but ask, why are you so heavily pursuing removing them into individual clips instead of packing multiples together? Your clips are very good, but I literally cannot think of any benefit to removing themselves from each other. Even and especially if you just end up with dozens of 30 second clips on your channel.

I already voiced my opinion in the other thread, but I can't help but ask, why are you so heavily pursuing removing them into individual clips instead of packing multiples together? Your clips are very good, but I literally cannot think of any benefit to removing themselves from each other. Even and especially if you just end up with dozens of 30 second clips on your channel.

I feel that each episode suffered with lackluster sketches because I "had" to come up with 8 different bits just because the title is a pun. And I kept having to delay uploading because of production issues and I want to put out at least one video every week, especially since I'm trying to gain a following online (and I made a New Years Resolution to do so.) There were also a lot of jokes that I had to cut to save time, that I wish I didn't.

So I feel it limits me creatively in several ways, and not many people will be willing to give a 4-5 minute video a chance unless I was an established, well-known comedian.

Plus, I can always go back to episodes in the future and probably will. I have high aspirations that 8 BITS can become a TV show or a TV-length webseries produced by a team of professionals that are far more trained than I am. I originally envisioned this art style as a feature-length movie and even began writing it until I came up with 8 BITS. I just feel that right now, in its infancy, and my career's infancy, it works better as a series of one-off sketches.

(man, that was a long post) :hmm:

Alrighty, now you're making a lot more sense, thanks for elaborating. In that case, I agree with the guys above, the snappier sketches worked a bit better.

I still think that putting multiples together worked really nicely, though. Dropping the whole '8 bit' pun, you could still put one or two more in with each video, if you wanted to.

Either way, good job!

Back