• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 8 BITS: Episode Three (Sketch Comedy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLKEHwegOPs

Hey fellas! Sorry I haven't been on IT lately (don't lie, I know you miss me) Check this out! It's funny! Also, leave some feedback! I love feedback!

This features sound design and some music from another lovely IT member "mikemcguill" He's the f-ing bomb, if you need a sound designer.

Anyways, in this episode: Grand Theft Auto... ON TRIAL!? A man breeds pigs in Minecraft, and Bullet Bill is slow and useless.

First, just need to say, I have watched all the episodes as you've posted them, I've just never gotten round to commenting 'til now!

I really like the concept. Some of your jokes and ideas are really funny (some, not so much, but that's just my sense of humour!). I much prefer the "gamer" jokes, as opposed to those irrelevant to gamers (such as the stand-up sketches). Having them about gaming and gamers suits the animation better. I think gamers will appreciate it more than casual viewers.

What I don't like so much is the mouth animation. It just doesn't gel with the rest of the animation. With the Minecraft animation, the mouths don't move, but we still understand who's talking. I prefer that...

I consider myself a gamer, so it's cool to me. I may try and think of some gamer-based ideas for you.

I think from now on, I'm going to upload sketches separately, instead of episode by episode. That way there are more videos to choose from, and since most sketches are less than 40 seconds long, there's more incentive for people to watch them.

Does this sound like a good idea?

That's completely your call. But you lose the episode format and you lose the concept of the "8-bits". But, it's up to you. If it were mine, I'd stick to the sketch show format.

But you lose the episode format and you lose the concept of the "8-bits".

Yeah, but I'm not sure if I want to limit myself creatively over a clever title.

I think I'm gonna go with individual videos, but still strive for 8 sketches a week (god help me...)

I'd reconsider the idea of separating the sketches, personally.

I really love what you have going, and compiling them as a series certainly doesn't limit your creativity - right now these things are four or five minutes, if you wanted to expand on the sketches, I wouldn't mind watching a ten minute episode.

When you break them down into 40 second videos, I'd have a bit less incentive to watch them. It's like if you took SNL and broke it down over the course of seven days with a couple sketches a day; I'd be far less likely to watch SNL over a week, going out of my way to get to each sketch than to sit down for a bit and watch them as a show. Plus, in all honesty, sketch comedy works best in bits put together - that's why Robot Chicken and SNL do it that way.

It's your call, either way, they're very funny sketches. But I'd stick with the show format.

I'd reconsider the idea of separating the sketches, personally.

I really love what you have going, and compiling them as a series certainly doesn't limit your creativity - right now these things are four or five minutes, if you wanted to expand on the sketches, I wouldn't mind watching a ten minute episode.

When you break them down into 40 second videos, I'd have a bit less incentive to watch them. It's like if you took SNL and broke it down over the course of seven days with a couple sketches a day; I'd be far less likely to watch SNL over a week, going out of my way to get to each sketch than to sit down for a bit and watch them as a show. Plus, in all honesty, sketch comedy works best in bits put together - that's why Robot Chicken and SNL do it that way.

It's your call, either way, they're very funny sketches. But I'd stick with the show format.

Perhaps upon every collection of 8 sketches, I can compile them into an episode

Perhaps upon every collection of 8 sketches, I can compile them into an episode

You could certainly do that, or put them in a playlist. The playlist would probably save space on your Youtube channel, instead of reuploading them all again as a combined entity.

I think the point that I'm getting at, is that as the viewer, I'm less inclined to go into your channel and search for individual sketches than I am to put on an episode or playlist and watch them through together while I have some spare time.

Back