Visual Effects Artist Needed

We we will starting a new short film that I believe will revolutionize short films and grab attention. This short film will be shot 100% first person POV and will be quite tricky. I talk to many people at GoPro as some of our projects are being reviewed/sponsored by them. What we need is a visual effects artist that is very good at what he does, as the complexity of the shots will be very high. If you are confident that you could fill this role then I would love to talk with you about it. We cant offer to pay however this will be viewed by the masses and a chance to get picked up our highly recognized. email me if your interested with your clips of 3D rendering/special effects. Thanks

Christopher Carson
Producer
Firefight Films
www.fueltherise.com
carson.christopher.j@gmail.com

Last edited:
I don't want to be rude or anything but you expect very high level of Visual Effects knowledge , you are not willing to pay , but you are not giving any additional information about anything .

I completely understand your thinking of the subject, however this project in my opinion is going to be quite big. We plan on taking it to film festivals, shows, and many other arena's of the film industry. My previous/current film ventures has lead me to have quite a few contacts that could make this big. Once I see a person's "Reel" of visual effects and on the basis that we want him on the project we will then hand out a non-disclosure agreement and then explain the project. This is just to protect us. I understand that it may be hard to do this, but I figure that it might be worth a shot. Also if the VFX Artist finds this project to such esteem as I do then he/she might realize the amount of exposure he or she may receive from this film. I do not think your rude, and completely understand where you are coming from.

I am very sorry, and I understand that this isn't helpful at all. But our lawyers implore us to not discuss anything until a Non-Disclosure agreement has been signed. I can however say that this will be a short film that is entirely shot in 1st person POV and the budget cost is relatively low. We are looking for people clips displaying there talent, if they are willing to do this with the expectation of not getting payed. And if paid it will be off percentage of gross profit. I hope this helps.

My concern is, that if the budget is "relatively low", by your terms, that it won't have the backing it needs to be properly shot. Shooing POV action scenes usually requires stuntmen and a lot of testing and rehearsals, especially due to the nature of longer shots that POV brings.

Going into a project as a VFX artist, from experience, low budget projects usually expect from the VFX to fix a lot of things that just don't look good enough when shot. I understand it is more cost effective to not work with real explosives, but is there someone on set that understands VFX workflows to tell you how you should prepare the shot so that the VFX artist can implement the effects in the most believable way?

Back