Nothing much to see, or say.

TableJib1.jpg

TableJib2.jpg

TableJib4.jpg

TableJib3.jpg

-Thanks-

Last edited:
Thanks for checking it out Knightly.

It’s portable yes, but heavy for what it is.

I want to make a badass little robotic table dolly/jib that drives along and has a control head and boom motors, but it’s just too damn expensive at the moment, but this one between two saw horses will be fun.

I'm going to add a scaled down 'Knightly' tilt cage to it as soon as I get the rest of the parts.

-Thanks-

Thanks for the links.

I’ve been meaning to pop over to American Science, but every time I go I nickel and dime a fortune away.
I could use a few packs of each size spacers (25 for $2.50) and I really want some two inch (OD) sealed bearings (3/4 ID) 2 for $4 though.

It’s really wouldn’t be that expensive, but I’m saving for a camera, so to me it’s expensive compared to slowly collecting various parts out of “junk” to reuse.

If Franken Jib (Jib-Bot) lives, it’ll sound like a can opener in one function, and a dvd player eject in another. :lol:

-Thanks-

hehe... Axman has stepper motors for relatively cheap ;) and http://www.sciplus.com has tons of cool stuff.

Sweet link!
I wanna use one of these...
webalt39921.jpg
And
webalt40104.jpg

To make one of these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B996cHFCIv4

The stepper motor
rated at 2.4VDC 1.8A, has 200 steps per revolution and measures 2-3/8" square x 2-3/8" long with a 1/4" dia x 1" long flattened shaft and (4) leads. Has a mounting hole on each front corner of the case.
The gear
This big cast-iron gear weighs in at 10.20 lbs and measures 6-3/4" dia x 1" thick with 65 teeth (more than twice as many as you) at a #12 pitch. The hub is 2-1/2" dia x 7/8" thick (making the gear 1-7/8" thick at the center) with a keyed and slotted 7/8" ID bore. Comes pre-greased.
I'll need some of these to...
websm-926571.jpg

My only question is how do the small gears attach to the motor.

I have been playing with stuff like that lately (Along with geared head ideas), but I need stuff I just don't have. I did get some RC cars for their motors to play around with, but they are too many RPMS without gearing it down.

That ten pound gear from Sci Surplus would be over kill I think. You can buy servo and gear kits to make a control head. Like I said I have been trying, but without the right stuff I'm just spinning my wheels (Literally).

Maybe Wheat or Knightly has more gear driven mechanical operation experience than I do, and can help you (And me!) out more with general questions on it? (Sorry man.)

As far as how gears attach. Usually by the motors shaft. (Some have a set screw, some might just force fit for smaller applications.) Sometimes the shaft is round and has a set screw hole, or sometimes the shafts are flattened in one area and it matches a slot in the gear body, then a set screw might be in the mix to fasten it to that flattened section.

-Thanks-

Last edited:
Back