Camera Assistant Bags

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either the cinebags or doggy bags for camera assistants? I'm looking into getting one and want to know if the £70 jump in price is going to be worth it?

The CineBag

The doggy Bag

Obviously the cinebag is bigger, i suppose that leads to another question, as a start up 2nd AC/ Trainee will i need a bag this big? Would it be better to spring for the cinebag now and not have to upgrade later?

Any help from the ACs out there (especially UK based) would be appreciated!

Jonny

This should be helpful:

http://www.theblackandblue.com/2011/08/18/two-toolbags/

Great blog all around, but this article in particular should help you out with the bag question.

Particularly this part:

Most camera assistants like to keep a toolbag and then what they call a “ditty bag.” With a ditty bag you throw your most essential gear into it and carry that around set instead of your entire toolbag.

That’s exactly what I started doing.

And now I no longer have to compromise on what I bring to set.

I bring everything in my Cinebag, then whenever I know where equipment is being staged, I leave it with the camera cart and fill my old toolbag with the things I need the most — marks, pens, pencils, allen wrenches, matte box and follow focus accessories.

The Cinebag is like Noah’s Ark for tools and the old doctor bag a launch-able row boat.

Back