• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Julie Parks Does Hair. (5 min!)

Hey everyone!

Here is my third artist-based interview/documentary peice. The talent was awesome to work with, and I was rather proud of my three-point lighting for the interview clips. Let me know what you think!

-matt posada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhiMckYRBBo

Based out of the Evergreen/Silver Creek area of San Jose, California, Julie Parks follows her passion for hair design. In this quick mash-up documentary/interview, Parks gives us some general insight on her origins, her infulences, and her creative style within the hairstyling industry.

direction/production: Matt Posada
key grip: Daniel Legorreta
photography: Joe Gutierrez
hair & concept development: Julie Parks
makeup: Jill Pitchford
catering: Denise Parks

modeling:
Selina Arechiga
Cossella de Jesus
Valerie Milazzo
Sarah Pinocchio
Natalie Skyy
Jasmine Smith

music:
Jamie Cullum
Blockhead
Sixtoo

Nice shots, smooth editing. The only thing I'd say is that the change in tone from Julie introducing herself in the first shot to the title shot was a bit too much, but after that point it stays consistent, so it's perfectly fine.

I also wondered why there would be a shot of the people who got their hair done playing a card game, when it's a documentary about the hairdresser and not the hairdress-ee. But still, it wasn't exactly a prominent flaw.

Pretty nicely done :)

Back