• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

FS: Canon XL1S for sale With many many Extras

Whats up Im selling a new Canon Video Cam with thousands of dollars in extras! SAVE THOUSANDS ON THIS This Package is in BRAND NEW CONDITION

2000 or best offer

Whats for sale:
Canon Body
7" LCD Monitor For Camera (Paid $185)
Canon Color Viewfinder FU-500
Canon Microphone
Canon 16X Zoom Lens
Canon Extended Life Battery (PAID $150)
Canon Battery
Canon Battery Charger/ADAPTER
Canon AC Adapter
Wireless Remote
Hardcase Carrying Case For Camers (Paid $170)
video camera stabilizer (Paid $90)
Shoulder Strap
Cables
Manual

xl1.jpg

xl1pic2.jpg

lcdforxl1.jpg

I am interested in purchasing this XL1S package. Please convince me that this is not a scam and I will gladly pay you. My email is someloudnoise at gmail.com.

Also, what are peoples thoughts on this package? Is this a good price for the components listed? Is the XL1s comparable to XL2 in terms of picture quality? Thanks for any responses.

Knightly is the Canon XL expert, but if I were buying it, I would only do it if I could meet the seller face to face, get a photo ID from the seller in case the camera turns out to be stolen (unlikely with all the accessories). If you can't meet in person, maybe the seller could take the camera to a camera dealer to be inspected, and the dealer could make the exchange. Maybe I'm paranoid, but sending $2000 to a nameless, faceless person who posts a couple of pictures of a camera is like begging someone to take your money. I'd want face-to-face or trusted 3rd party exchange, only.

After a little more research I've decided that the dvx-100b is my best bet, which I will probably buy new from a reputable dealer online. though this package is a tempting offer, i don't want to get burned and be out 2k. i've read waaaay too many scam stories, and i know it could happen to me if i dont think before acting. thanks for the reply, oakstreetphotovideo.

I've now officially shot with the Panasonic DVX100b. Don't like it that much. Pretty pictures, but a bit over saturated and too video looking for me. Feels a bit cheap for that kinda money. I wasn't impressed, the only feature it had that I liked was the built-in XLR inputs and the numbered linear focus.

I love my Canon, highly recommend it to anyone who can get hold of one.

Although I have not used a CanonXL1s I do own a Canon XL2.

At University I have used a DVX100a, Sony Z1 and another Sony. I believe the XL2 far surpasses them in terms of useability. Less digital menus and more physical buttons. The lens on the XL2 is second to none (in this price range) and the custom preset features are invaluable.

Again, I have never used an XL1s but I can recommend the XL2.

I have pretty much that same setup along with a 16X manual lens. Love this camera. It's not the best out there, but for what I need, it works very well. I am in the process of shooting another documentary for a friend of mine to use as advertizing for his photography business. I've been following him on some of his shoots and will also add some interviews with him and perhaps some of his clients into the mix. The more I use it and get used to it, the more I like it. And this 16X manual lens is really nice because it adds an ENG (Electronic News Gathering) style to the handheld shots. I really like the snap zoom focus.

I do plan to get an image stabilizer at some point when I get back to shooting narrative shorts.

The main difference between the XL2 and the XL1s is native 16:9. If you need native widescreen and want to retain the full resolution, look at the XL2. The XL1s has the 16:9 guides, but you will lose resolution when you crop since it's native 4:3.

Does the XL1s have XLR inputs? I seem to remember you needed to buy some add-on in order to get them.

Although maybe not so important, I find the XL2 has a much more professional look to it than something smaller like the DVX100.

Does the XL1s have XLR inputs? I seem to remember you needed to buy some add-on in order to get them.

Although maybe not so important, I find the XL2 has a much more professional look to it than something smaller like the DVX100.

You're correct. There is an addon that attaches to the back similar to the shoulder mount. This then connects to the RCA inputs on the back.

You're correct. There is an addon that attaches to the back similar to the shoulder mount. This then connects to the RCA inputs on the back.

Exactly. I have an MA-200 specifically for XLR inputs. And I also have the dual battery pack/charger that rides on it. I went for a 3 hour shoot a few weeks ago, and the batteries are still holding a good charge. I haven't charged them up in over six months. What I like most about the MA-200 and the extra batteries is I can balance the camera for shoulder mount much easier. The 16X manual lens makes it very nose heavy otherwise. 3 hours of shooting, and very little fatigue.

EDIT: FARMER, this add is over a year old, so it's not likely it is still available from this seller. But it's still a decent camera nonetheless.

My setup:

XL1s_4a.jpg

CD-dsc_1217.jpg

Last edited:
Back