The Public Music Project is now online!

Go to PublicMusicProject.org to find six free songs that you can use for your films! I also ask that if you make music...contribute! Many people have said they were planning to contribute, but then I never heard back from them. The site needs some rock and acoustic stuff.

At any rate, I think the music that is on there now is top notch. Thankyou Ross and Gabe! I hope this project will prove to be useful to the filmmaking world.

By the way, I also realize that the site is very simple. I wanted it that way, but if it seems too confusing or unorganized, please let me know. I tried not to make it too complicated.

LOGAN L Productions said:
By the way, I also realize that the site is very simple. I wanted it that way, but if it seems too confusing or unorganized, please let me know. I tried not to make it too complicated.

Logan,

I checked out the site and listened to some of the music. Great!!

A couple of things you may want to keep in mind. The site is simple enough right now, but give some thought to organizing it to scale when more music arrives. Try to lay out a hierarchy of classifications now rather than later.

Although I have a fair grasp of the Creative Commons license, I suggest you make it as simple as possible (to help those with minimal attention spans, like me.) Rather than a narrative paragraph, simplify it with bullet items:

Using this music:

• You may use this music in your films without paying royalties
  • You may re-distribute this music as long as you include composer information
  • You may not sell this music
Good luck with this!!

I still should be getting back to you about putting a track or two of my music on there, but after listening to some of the stuff that's already on there, i don't know if any of mine is good enough. :P

You've got some good tracks, Ed, a few of which are pretty good at setting a somber (and suspenseful) mood.

Stop being so modest and send a few :yes:

Ed, you have nothing to lose by sending some...at least via email. I don't think I've ever heard your music, so send it! I need some somber and suspenceful stuff anyway ;)

Back