• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Arri 16 with 500' Mag

The Arri S is a solid camera. The problem is it's mighty noisey so shooting sound with it without using a blimp and having useable sound is a tough order to fill.

Scott

Good for a starter MOS camera. For a feature, you would be better off renting an Arri SR3, and shooting super-16.

What do you guys think about the Beaulieu R16? I missed out on one by $2.50 yesterday, 'cuz I was at work... grrr damn bid snipers

What do you guys think about the Beaulieu R16? I missed out on one by $2.50 yesterday, 'cuz I was at work... grrr damn bid snipers

Will, I have a Beaulieu R16 w/Augeniex lens. I know alot of people aren't happy with them. I've never had a problem, though. Crisp, clear image, easy to handle, can do single-frame (which is mainly what I use it for). i could even leave the viewfinder open and didn't have a problem with light seeping in (!!!). I dunno, maybe someone who has used one and DOESN"T like 'em can give you some feedback. :)

BTW, what was the winning bid?

Winning bid was 855.00. Not bad at all.

Bird, I have nothing against a Beaulieu. I've never had the chance to work with one at all. Glad to hear that it does give great images. :) Where are you from by the way?

Hey Hail,

Thanks for the info.

I'm from hell and, I believe, many of my previous posts prove it :devil: Minnesota, but I'm wintering in Wisconsin :lol:

Did you do the illustration for your new avatar? Very Nice!

Nah.. the winning bid for that Arri was $855.. the winning bid for the beaulieu was like $252 or something.. I don't recall exactly.

Bird, you're from MN?! We shall have to chat.

Back