Need help to fund an independant film project..spend the day on set with the director

Hey everyone,
A friend of mine (Katherine Brooks) is currently in the process of getting ready to film her latest movie called "A boys Club". If you have heard of "Loving Annabelle" then thats her. She has also worked on "The Ozbournes" and "The Newlyweds"

Anyhow she is wanting to start up her "making of" project again like she did with her last movie where she documents everything she does during the film process and gives insight into the world of making a movie straight from the director herself. Anyhow unfortunately it requires money so in the spirit of raising funds we both started up this kickstarter campaign in hopes of raising the money in time before shooting begins in August.

Anyhow if any of you are interested there are some awesome rewards that Katherine is giving to people who donate to her project. Some of which include spending 1 to 2 days with her on the set during filming and you get to shadow her all day and learn first hand what it takes to make a movie.

If your keen just go to the link and go from there. It is definitely worth the experience if you get the chance to shadow this brilliant woman.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/602975854/katherine-brooks-the-making-of-a-movie

An interesting funding proposal.

I see the only way to get to spend time on set is to donate $3,000.

If you think about it in some respects it can technically be seen as being cheaper than some film schools and and you could learn so much from the hands on experience of shadowing her for the whole day on the set.

An interesting funding proposal.

I see the only way to get to spend time on set is to donate $3,000.

Another interesting way of looking at it.

$3,000 for a day (or two) on a set shadowing a
director might be very appealing to some people.
That's an expensive couple of days and limited to
someone quite near Los Angeles where people
can work with some pretty high profile directors.
For free.

I'm not putting this down, I think it's an interesting
way to get funding. I'll be watching to see how well
this works.

I wish your friend good luck!

Back