What sort of filmmaker are you???

I generally have an idea spring to mind, then visualise movie sequences around that idea and expand it into a visual story.
Then i start to write it down... adding sequences as i imagine/visualise them until i have completed the screenplay.

Lately, I have been consumed with the visual aspect of the story and have laid the story-line out around some pretty powerful visuals that I have.
I generally have an idea spring to mind, then visualise movie sequences around that idea and expand it into a visual story.

Interesting! This theme/approach appears to be common amongst amateur filmmakers/script-writers. Modern film is not of course visual storytelling, it's audio/visual storytelling! This is a fundamental fact of modern filmmaking, the full implications of which are frequently overlooked/ignored by no budget filmmakers and script writers, with predictable consequences as far as the viewing public are concerned. Certainly something all filmmakers and script writers need to consider!

G

I've moved house four times across two continents and been married twice and divorced once since this thread was started.

Idea. Basic story. Scene list/first visualization. Script. Full-on visualization.

Back