BOOKS ABOUT PRACTICAL EFFECTS: URGENT

Hi. I'm in my last year of college and have to do the monograph. My theme is: "THE USE OF PRACTICAL EFFECTS IN CONTEMPORARY DYSTOPIAN SCIENTIFIC FICTION MOVIES". I want to write about the realistic construction through practical effects in two films: Mad Max Fury Road and Interstellar.
Do you guys have any books on special effects or science fiction in pdf that could help me in the research? I live in Brazil and it's being hard finding books with those themes. Thank you.

Hi. I'm in my last year of college and have to do the monograph. My theme is: "THE USE OF PRACTICAL EFFECTS IN CONTEMPORARY DYSTOPIAN SCIENTIFIC FICTION MOVIES". I want to write about the realistic construction through practical effects in two films: Mad Max Fury Road and Interstellar.
Do you guys have any books on special effects or science fiction in pdf that could help me in the research? I live in Brazil and it's being hard finding books with those themes. Thank you.

It's extremely hard finding any books on those topics here either, trust me.

And the only few that are out there won't get into the really creative modern stuff, like the simple DIY tricks that sell very simple but important gags like blood squibs, zombie flesh, or fake bugs and things of the like. The two books I know of are all about the big stuff, like the model shots from Star Wars, or the puppet effects from Alien, or the cloud tank images from Close Encounters and Raiders of the Lost Arc.

Back