RIP Alan Rickman

A favorite of mine as well. And right after losing Bowie and Angus Scrimm (Lemme too, but that one wasn't a surprise, he'd been publicly sick for the past year). He will be missed.

Potter marathon tomorrow at my place!

Potter marathon tomorrow at my place!

Exactly my thought today too. :lol:

Although I happened to just watch, like, the last three or four. And I'll say it again…man was he perfect for that role.

All of them, but I think I'll always have a soft spot in my heart especially for his role in Galaxy Quest. :)

great actor but not too many great roles.
snape probably made him a pretty penny at least

seemed like he had a lot of years still ahead of him.

The story of Snape:

Contains spoilers if you haven't seen all Harry Potter movies yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhOQ4VW6xV8

Exactly my thought today too. :lol:

Although I happened to just watch, like, the last three or four. And I'll say it again…man was he perfect for that role.

All of them, but I think I'll always have a soft spot in my heart especially for his role in Galaxy Quest. :)

I get that...I don't actually like the first two movies; I'm just a geek and a completest. I watch the Star Wars prequels too ;) But, yeah, he was perfect and I love the fact that he was the only one who Rowling told the entire character arc to in advance. Not even the directors; and his performance reflects it. Brilliant.

Galaxy Quest was the first film I rewatched; Die Hard and Robin Hood are in the queue. Love Actually is great too...hell, everything with him was great. This is hitting me as hard as Christopher Lee; a testament to their art. It makes me feel, and feel the loss. And grateful for what we had.

He really was a great actor, phenomenal voice, able to express a lot with very little effort. Really too bad that we'll have no more Rickman films.

I get that...I don't actually like the first two movies; I'm just a geek and a completest. I watch the Star Wars prequels too ;) But, yeah, he was perfect and I love the fact that he was the only one who Rowling told the entire character arc to in advance. Not even the directors; and his performance reflects it. Brilliant.

Galaxy Quest was the first film I rewatched; Die Hard and Robin Hood are in the queue. Love Actually is great too...hell, everything with him was great. This is hitting me as hard as Christopher Lee; a testament to their art. It makes me feel, and feel the loss. And grateful for what we had.

Well said. :) Wow, that Rowling–Rickman story is great. I hadn't heard of it before. To help you in your completest retrospective (Hey that's a nice idea —watching all of his films. I might have to try that.), I might suggest one of my favorite films, Perfume, though he doesn't have a lot of screen time in it. And even more than that one, maybe you missed it, Bottle Shock.

He really was a great actor, phenomenal voice, able to express a lot with very little effort. Really too bad that we'll have no more Rickman films.

So true.

I agree, missed

:cheers:

The story of Snape:

Contains spoilers if you haven't seen all Harry Potter movies yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhOQ4VW6xV8

That is cool.

This was some pretty crappy news last week. A really, really great character actor, who made himself so iconic simply by doing something different to what everyone else did.

Back