Xenophobia in Movies

Anyone know any movies that show Xenophobia? The movie doesn't need to be about Xenophobia alone. I just need to relate the topic to movies or TV shows for my Sociology class.

Xenophobia: "xen·o·pho·bi·a   [zen-uh-foh-bee-uh, zee-nuh-]
noun
an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange.

Thanks!!

See ALL alien-invasion movies. Independence Day may be a patriotic action-flick, but it's all about fear of the unknown. The Day the Earth Stood Still, War of the Worlds, Signs, Close Encounters, etc. Each one of these movies has a different 2nd theme (or 1st theme), but at some point, xenophobia will be addressed.

You've likely seen most of the above. Here's a good one you might've missed -- Starman.

For more earthly-bound xenophobia, Zensteve's recommendation is a good one. I might also suggest Red Dawn. I was a kid when that movie was released, and it played in perfectly to our fear of those damn Russkies!

There's at least one episode of Star Trek: the Next Generation dealing with a xenophobic culture. The one I'm thinking of is called 'Attached.' It's in season 7, you can watch instant on Netflix if you have it.

I'm sure there's more eps dealing with that. If any come to mind I'll post.

Ok, just looked it up and found 2 more from that series.

'Clues' & 'First Contact' (the episode not the movie) both from season 4.

I'm reviving this thread to ask you guys if any of you know a comedy film that deals with this issue. I'm just trying to prove that every genre deals with this.

Thaaaanks again!

Back