• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

How has everyone enjoyed their hosting?

I have sold some webhosting packages here in the past for Globat. Just thought I'd invite ZenSteve, Cootdog, and anyone else who purchased a Globat Package to share their experiences so far. Has it been good? Are you happy with it? Is anything dissapointing or subpar?

I wanted to make sure so that I can better know the service that I advertise. My only complaint has been no spam blocking for my emails. That will actually change after sunday as the company is adding that feature!

Feel free to let it all out! Even negative! Thanks!

P.S. If you want to buy one of the best (if not THE best - in my opinion) webhosting packages, click here !

Their control panel is nowhere near as good as my plesk or ensim host is. And they CHARGE you to change your domain. And they have very small extra features besides the space/bw. Im thinking I should call and have them prorate my refund.

I'm easier to please than WideShot, I guess. :lol:

I use it exclusively for a/v material and it's never failed me. The massive size allowance makes it easy to shuttle collaboration projects back & forth, and the server I'm on has only been down unexpectedly once... for 20 minutes... then business as usual. :cool:

I like it, for sure. I'll be moving some more websites over to them in a few months, btw.

I have no idea about "features" or "control panels" or the like. I never use them; straight FTP. Maybe they are good, maybe not. I haven't had a need to use them, so I can't really comment.

It does what I need it to though, when I need it to. Pretty cheap, as well.

:)

I like their control panel...but I also use FTP, so maybe using that makes things easier. May I ask what is wrong with their Control Panel, Wide Shot? I find it extremely easy to use. I check my stats, and change myemails and other account info around often with ease.

What extra features are missing?

Also, where can you get a free domain? :huh: I've never heard of free domain changing.

Last edited:
Most plans allow you to change domains freely, and some plans offer unlimited domains, etc. Looks like he is saying they charge to change the domain, not register one.

Overall, I'd say it's just slightly below adequate.

No problem with down time, support is okay though nothing spectacular.

The single issue I have with the hosting is lack of advanced control. My domain (not the Dedham Digital domain) picks up a lot of spam. Other hosting services offer spam filtering options.

I can put up with minor annoyances, but the amount of spam and lack of filtering options is enough to make me look for alternative hosting solutions when the current term expires.

The space and price is good... The main thing I don't like is the control pannel... it has very MINIMAL usability... I prefer cpanel, as it allows you to do quite a bit more. I'm there for the space though. I'll leave a couple domains there and move some of my other businesses to other hosts since they require more user programming and access to the actual box and such.

Well, I'm sorry that some of you didn't like it. I do use the sales to help fund film projects, but I also geniunely enjoy their service and thought it was a good idea to be their affiliate. I just want you all to know that I wasn't just trying to make a buck off of you. I'd hoped that the service would really help you. I'm sorry if it didn't.

Anyway, I will continue working for them for a few reasons: I personally love their service (never had my server down that I know of, fast, large site), and for anyone who is unhappy with the service; they have 30 days to get a refund. I will try to make the cons of the service more clear from now on so that people aren't surprised by having no spam filter or something like that. I appreciate all of y'all's input!

Well the space and price it just too good to pass up... I'm moving my CootDogProductions site to Globat, to sit next to my other 2 sites I have there already.
Hey! 15Gigs of website space is pretty cool!

Look Coot I absolutely don't blame you, thats why *I* jumped on it when you offered it. But having been 100% swindled by an ISP long ago and now not being able to change my domain name on the account or cancel it without incurring a major charge, I just really don't like it. The space and bandwidth alone is worth it, but IMO I cant say I like anything else about Globat.

I'd have to agree with you there. I haven't done much with it, but now that I'll be building the site, I'll be using sendmail, and databases, and cgi-scripts and cron jobs... so I'll put them to the test. I'll let you know how it goes.

Does anyone that uses Globat use any of the above?

Back