• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

DVD for all film makers

here we go

i am looking for 20+ short films to put togahter a dvd here is how it works

you submit a film to me by mail(no one will be turned down for the dvd)

u pay 50 bucks and when the dvds are pressed (fill color disc with upc bar code and in amaray cases)
u get 30 dvds with posters and other promotional materials like stickers and postcards

we will get this dvd made as soon as we get enough people that wanna do this

the point:
so u can have a dvd to sell with yer film on it and 19+ other films.

if someone wants to submit more then one film then just add another 50

we are takeing everything such as
drama
music video
silent
mystery
comedy
documentery
ect

so if everyone gets involved with this it should be fun as hell.

carlos ruiz
813 new york
Lincoln Park,MI 48146

let me know what u think of the idea as well.

>> Moved to Classified Ads. I'm getting tired of moving threads, can members please create threads in the proper forums, thanks :)

Good luck.

christdrinkspee said:
sry indie,i didnt think this would fit with it,really my bad.
No problem :) Anytime you are asking for money it goes in classifieds. Good luck with the DVD project!

I don't understand the math.

20 filmmakers give you $50 - $1,000

You then give 30 DVD's, 30 posters, 30 stickers and 30 postcards to each of the 20 filmmakers - that's 600 DVD's, 600 posters and 600 other promotional materials. Even taking out the posters and promotional materials I see 600 DVD's as $.06 per unit.

I've never seen cases at that - not to mention the blank media, mastering and pressing and poster design and printing.

I'm not sure why others aren't interested in your DVD, but I remain a little skeptical. I'd love to get a couple of my shorts out there and $100 for 60 DVD's sounds great.

Maybe a little too great.

Did I read your offer correctly? Or is there a misunderstanding about what you are offering? Perhaps you are planning to make 30 DVD's total that the 20 filmmakers will share?

You can get DVDs replicated for that much, but you have to order them in bulk. That's why he needs $1,000...I understood that the first time I read it.

I think it's a pretty cool concept, and I know you're not trying to rip anyone off, but it IS pretty expensive and I don't know what I would really do with that stuff. I think festivals, TV, and internet are better tools than 30 DVDs...just my view on it.

BTW, if I had a lot of money I might go for it, but I don't.

ok here is a better way of looking at it

25 film makers each submit one film and 75 dollers (i ment to put 75 in my orignal post but i made a mistake)

75x25=1,875$

the 1,875goes to pressing 1000 dvds

1000/25=40

so that means 40 dvds for each film maker to sell with there film on it and with 24 other short films on it.

is that a better way of understanding it?

christdrinkspee said:
ok here is a better way of looking at it

25 film makers each submit one film and 75 dollers (i ment to put 75 in my orignal post but i made a mistake)

75x25=1,875$

the 1,875goes to pressing 1000 dvds

1000/25=40

so that means 40 dvds for each film maker to sell with there film on it and with 24 other short films on it.

is that a better way of understanding it?
Yep!

I'm in. I've got two shorts I made on 16mm that I'd be willing to pay $150 to include. I would then get 80 DVD's right? What about posters, stickers and postcards?

I'm also interested. I'm going to start editing my short in about 3 weeks. So I should have something in about a month. I think its a great idea!

What is the maximum length of the short? What format do you want the file rendered as?
Is there going to be an agreement to sign?

Awesome idea, just need more info to make a good decision. :D

Back