Fake Previews/Trailers

So I have a film in mind that I'm thinking of pursuing funding for and I'm wondering if anyone knows how much help it would be to shoot a 'fake preview'. I've seen a lot of fake previews and many of them tend to be spoofs not really intended to promote the making of a film but, some are made for that purpose. I did a search for anywhere there may be on the internet that has such promotional trailers or previews that really are promotional spots to find funding with no luck so far.

I'm wondering if maybe I'm using the wrong term? I mean 'fake preview' isn't exactly an appealing sounding term so maybe there's something else people call them? I even did a search of that term here on this site and didn't come up with anything addressing the subject.

So I'm wondering if I created such a promotional preview, do people think it's worth doing that? Is there any success stories of that approach paying off? What would be a good place to post such a 'fake preview' in hopes of it being seen by potential investors?

The reason I've contemplated doing this as a method of promoting a film is because my work involves some specialized animation techniques (a modern version of Harryhausen style 'Dynamation') and I think it's important to show potential investors examples of what my work looks like in the context of the specific film I'd like to make.

Any thoughts, opinions, advice, etc would be greatly appreciated! :)

Very true, another example is a film made by someone I'm happy to know as a friend - Tatia Rosenthal. She got funding to make her film '$9.99' because of her wonderful short film 'A Buck's Worth'.

OK so let me write this down... (Ron grabs for pen and paper and starts to scribble) All I need to do to get funding for a feature is, make a kick butt fantastic short film... EASY! :yes: Any other get rich quick schemes? :P (joking)

Back