Anyone heard from SXSW 2017, good or bad news??

SXSW has rolling notifications starting in September into Feb. Curious if anyone has received an acceptance or rejection from them yet and in which category.

I don't know if you're going through what I went through with my festival submissions. But just in case you are, I thought I should share what I learned as the process rolled on (I did it for a full year).

Eventually, I learned to just stop concerning myself with it. In the beginning I was nervous and on-edge with every single entry. I knew the deadlines for their decisions and when they would inform me of their decisions, and I waited on them on pins and needles.

This mentality wrecked me emotionally. In my opinion, it's much better to just make the submission and forget it. This is advice that was passed-on to me by some more seasoned veterans on IT, and their advice worked for me. Worrying about it isn't going to get you in, it'll only cause stress for you.

I know it's a lot easier said than done to just forget something. I've been there. But whatever you can do to get your mind on something else, do that. Plus, if you're truly able to forget it, when you get those letters of acceptance, it's like winning the lottery because you totally didn't expect it! :D

Best of luck! I hope you get in. Don't feel bad if you don't. SXSW is incredibly difficult to get in to.

no thats not what i'm going through. i did not submit anything to them. simply curious if anyone has heard anything. its more of a process question.. they say they inform people starting in sept, but other places say they wait til last minute. just curious if either of these can be confirmed.

I can confirm that the years I did not get in I was notified
right away once (late October) and at the last minute twice.
The year my movie was accepted I was notified right away.

I was asking since, I heard a few feature have been rejected. I still have not got a answer on mine as of yet. I wasn't sure if they sent out a mass email yet of rejections.

Thanks

Back