Pro x powerbase 70, how do I get it off?

Usually a nice meal and romcom is enough to get a battery off, but this one won't budge. Am I being stupid? Its a Pro x powerbase 70 and I've put it on my camtree LED 600 but now I can't get it off. I made a video to show a bit more clearly, there seems to be a little lever at the bottom but its not doing anything, its driving me nuts (Im using one hand in the video because im holding cam, but usually im trying to pull with both hands). The guy who lent it to me is away to the euros so I can't ask him and don't wanna be too forceful with it in case it breaks. Any of you guys know what to do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K0jyxZ8H3k&feature=youtu.be

PS sorry for that atrocious joke at the beginning of this post

I have a couple of those. You have to hold down the release you were messing with with one hand and then use the other hand to pull it off. Maybe to have to pull hard on it, though probably not too hard. If it still doesn't work, it may be something wrong with the battery you got or the mount on the light :o. Let's hope not though.

Also, the first thing you were touching allows you to mount the battery between a camera and a tripod plate, if you have that little piece that I believe comes with it. Helpful if you don't have a full rig but still need a battery attached for power.

Hope that somewhat helps.

edit; maybe try pushing the release in too, instead of just sliding it.

Last edited:
I have a couple of those. You have to hold down the release you were messing with with one hand and then use the other hand to pull it off. Maybe to have to pull hard on it, though probably not too hard. If it still doesn't work, it may be something wrong with the battery you got or the mount on the light :o. Let's hope not though.

Also, the first thing you were touching allows you to mount the battery between a camera and a tripod plate, if you have that little piece that I believe comes with it. Helpful if you don't have a full rig but still need a battery attached for power.

Hope that somewhat helps.

edit; maybe try pushing the release in too, instead of just sliding it.

Thanks, it still won't budge so I think the mount is broke but I've realised I can still charge the battery while its on the mount, so thatll have to do for now!

Back