• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Official Teaser Trailer is Out!!!

Oh snap!!! Here it is you beautiful people. I present to you the official teaser trailer for my latest short film, THE OLD MAN AND THE LION.

Logline: An aging father reunites with his troubled son only to find out a promise made broken...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD7HYxNrV2M

Comments and feedbacks are appreciated. :)

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD7HYxNrV2M

Looks good Justin!

I'd definitely keep this as your only trailer for the short. It feels like the trailer to a feature film and you don't want to give too much away. But you've got some nice shots in there and it has an impressive scope and range, so congratulations! :)

The only suggestion I might make is trying to work some music or sound design into the Old Man's dialogue. At the moment it's coming over as too clean and a little unconvincing. But that's just a tiny little point.

Last edited:
Looks good Justin!

I'd definitely keep this as your only trailer for the short. It feels like the trailer to a feature film and you don't want to give too much away. But you've got some nice shots in there and it has an impressive scope and range, so congratulations! :)

The only suggestion I might make is trying to work some music or sound design into the Old Man's dialogue. At the moment it's coming over as too clean and a little unconvincing. But that's just a tiny little point.

Thanks so much Nick! I made the trailer in a way that I can give some hints, but not fully give away the film. I also made sure I make it as short as possible since the film is only 10 minutes. :)

As for your suggestion, I actually have a sound designer/editor working on the film right now so that shouldn't be a problem! ;)

Lookin' forward to checkin' the whole thing out. :cool:

Trailer seems to get a bit awkward when the dialogue just cuts out & some kind of flashback montage takes over.

I think the trailer could be much shorter, overall, especially as the actual running time is an afore-mentioned ten minutes.

But yeah, 'grats on finishing the film! Have you been researching which filmfests you want to shop it off to? Take advantage of the earlybird discounts, if you have the patience for that. Save some bux. :)

Lookin' forward to checkin' the whole thing out. :cool:

Trailer seems to get a bit awkward when the dialogue just cuts out & some kind of flashback montage takes over.

I think the trailer could be much shorter, overall, especially as the actual running time is an afore-mentioned ten minutes.

Flashback montage? Hm. Well I just thought it would be nice to let you guys hear some dialogue first in the start, and then start showing you guys some snippets of the film without really giving anything away.

I agree it could have been much shorter. I was just trying to sync it up to the song's chorus though so I guess that's why it became longer.

Thanks so much on the feedback!

[/QUOTE] But yeah, 'grats on finishing the film! Have you been researching which filmfests you want to shop it off to? Take advantage of the earlybird discounts, if you have the patience for that. Save some bux. [/QUOTE]

Thanks! Finally it's done... haha. I just registered over at Withoutabox.com so I'm gonna take a lookie over there. It's my first time submitting to festivals so it's going to get interesting. But I think that shouldn't be that hard right? :) I think I'm late for most of the festivals for the early birds so I'm gonna have to go with the WAB extended (do I have to pay premium for WAB for this?) and the late deadline. My dad said he's gonna take care of the festival fees for me (I hope he really does) so that I means I can breathe a little bit again. But yeah I'm gonna try my luck at the major film fests then also move on to more local fests.

Like I said, I'm kinda stepping foot to new territory in the festival circuit. So if you or anyone could recommend the perfect festival for this kind of film, that would be perfect!! Thanks.

Justin -
This looks really nice.
It's a good teaser.
I will definitely be interested in seeing the final short.

Looking forward to it, the teaser looks phenomenal, and cinematic as well.

I'm happy for you man, great job on getting everything pulled together and done with.
Hope you realize what an accomplishment that is, and then bask in the outcome :cool:

Back