• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Anthology Web Series

"Embrace the Horror" Horror Anthology Web Series

Embrace the Horror is an Anthology Web Series to be written and produced by filmmakers who may be interested.

Note: This proposal will need tweaking and have things added to it. At this stage it's just a rough proposal for an idea I have come up with that I wanted to attempt as an experiment and to gauge interest.

Intention:

To create horror shorts as an anthology web series created by filmmakers from around the world. This is a not for profit endeavour to showcase the talents of filmmakers.

Signature Item:

The signature item will be decided upon after receiving feedback on what the signature item will be - a poll will be added to this thread once enough options have been presented. It could be an object, a name, a sound effect, a piece of music or anything that would be suitable as long as each episode submitted contains it.

The element or signature item must be agreed upon by all parties interested in taking part in the anthology.

Submissions for what the element or signature must be posted here in this thread by Thursday the 8th of November.

Guidelines:

1. You must have been involved in writing, directing or producing a short, feature, online video or some other form entertainment.

2. You must provide a link to the project or projects you have worked on to be considered.

3. Video quality needs to be high quality from a high quality camera, unless it is a style choice for a particular episode, a web camera or any other low quality camera will not be accepted as a suitable candidate for the anthology.

4. Any actors involved in the episode must have signed a release form so they understand that their likeness and voice will be featured and distributed online.

5. All content whether it's a product, name or piece of music in your episode must be owned by you or you have gained permission to use it, permission that must and can be submitted as proof.

6. Any locations not owned by you will need to have a release form between yourself, production company and the owner of a location, read and signed by all parties.

7. There will only be one episode per person or production company allowed for submission to this anthology. However if this web series is successful it would be known as the "first season" and another episode by the same people can be submitted in the next season of the web series.

Distribution:

As a web series indicates this is a project that would be distributed online via major video hosting sites.

Of course there would need to be a production name to put these videos under. Alternatively individuals or anyone already part of a group that has a production name could upload their episode and provide links to the other episodes in the series.

----------------------------------------------

Feedback is definitely welcome on this idea and as stated at the beginning of this post this is just a rough proposal to gauge whether something like this is viable.

If there is anything I have missed or needs to be added or revised please don't hesitate to comment.

It is preferable that any comments or suggestions for this proposal be made publicly in this thread and not via PM.

Last edited:
Horror is one of my favourite genres, so there would definitely be an episode that would be of the horror genre - just need the signature object/theme to tie it to the other episodes :)

But your idea is a good one and perhaps could be where this anthology idea leads, depends on what other feedback and input comes in :)

I'd do it if it were comedy-oriented

Said the person with a bunny costume-wearing axe-murderer avatar lol. Is that rape in a forest?

Rodney, I don't understand why the episodes would be of different genres. I know you stated you want all the episodes to have a common theme but why have the episodes be of different genres?

That's a fair question :)

It was to try and make sure that I wasn't restricting the potential number of filmmakers who would like to be involved to just one genre, in case there was someone who really wanted to do a drama or a comedy, a sci-fi, action or adventure etc.

But since this is early days I am open to changing it to just one genre at a time, depending on what feedback I receive :)

That's a fair question :)

It was to try and make sure that I wasn't restricting the potential number of filmmakers who would like to be involved to just one genre, in case there was someone who really wanted to do a drama or a comedy, a sci-fi, action or adventure etc.

But since this is early days I am open to changing it to just one genre at a time, depending on what feedback I receive :)

Well, so far, the only feedback has been from mussonman and I.

He said he would be interested if it was comedy based.

I said I would be interested if it was a 'horror host' series.

So unless more feedback is given soon, you perhaps should decide on one of the two.

I have thought about this Anthology and based on the feedback given in this thread I have decided that the first "season" of this Anthology will be in the Horror genre.

The title for this horror Anthology will be called - Embrace the Horror.

I will update the original post to reflect this decision as well as adding other information.

As there are many sub-genres in Horror it is acceptable to create shorts that are not just full on horror - horror/comedy, horror/thriller, horror/action etc

Thanks JHar888 and mussonman for your feedback. I am still keeping open the number of people involved so hopefully we can get some more forum members to come on board.

Just bumping this thread up to see if there are still any other interested parties.

Here's some suggestions as to a signature item/theme:

Nails
Sloth
Desire
Teeth
Webs

Back