• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Interested in a Script

Hey everyone! Okay well I have been looking at a lot of peoples scripts lately. I came acrossed one but I really wasn't feeling it. So I am looking a short script to film. I like thrillers and Dramas. Crime and Heist is also good. So if you have a script I would love to read it and possibly film it for you. Thanks

I suggest you practice writing your own screenplays. I think if you wanna be a director, you need to know how to write. Also, it's hard for people to give you scripts especially if they don't know how you work especially if you haven't done any films yet.

Of course unless you have money to pay them, then they don't care to whom they give their babies. :)

Good luck!

I am not a writer. I have ideas but just am more of a guy who visualizes what he wants. I want to direct someones piece and make it into a masterpiece.

Let us know what your resources are and maybe we could figure out something fairly do-able for what you have access to.

1. What's the budget range you're looking to keep this inside of?

2. Thrillers, Dramas, Crime, and Heist. Great. Do you have a core group of actors already? Or will you be craiglisting some talent?

3. What are the (free) locations you KNOW you have. What are some nearby (<1hr away) locations you can likely pay to shoot at? Some scenic bridges, waterways, public parks, airports big & small, rock quarry, rail yard, junk yard, office or cube-farm interior etc.? A bank-like setting would be good. Vehicles are good, too. Got cars, cop cars (preferably with cops in 'em!) minivans, trucks, panel trucks, boats, planes, trains?

4. Equipment. Have track, slider, jib/crane, pick-up truck, and/or steadycam, how about after effects eperience?

The more resources that we know you have reasonable access to the better we could maybe throw together a well thought out short for you to direct & produce.
Otherwise, we're all just guessing at pigs in a poke trying to craft something you don't have the resources to make despite the screenplay's merit.

EDIT: Can we crash a car, or two?!

Last edited:
Right now all I have is my friend who has been filming commercials for 25 plus years with his camera and equipment. He has connections who has all the lighting, audio etc. He does editing. I want to direct a good short film so I could enter it in a festival. I dont know the budget because I would need to read a script first..

How are we supposed to write a story for you if we don't know what locations, vehicles, props, actors you have?

Im not asking for anyone to write for me. I am asking if anyone has a short script so I can look at them and see if that is something I would like to film.

It may be difficult to find someone with a "major" short film script and/or any script unless you are willing to pay them for it.

Back