• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

New online screenwriting course at Lynda.com

My name is Mark Tapio Kines. I authored and presented SCREENWRITING FUNDAMENTALS, the first-ever screenwriting course at Lynda.com. (Some of you may already be familiar with Lynda's many tutorials, which range from After Effects and DSLR cameras to, well, you name it.)

NoFilmSchool calls my course "clear and concise", which was the goal. I designed it to address an issue found in many indie screenplays: too much time spent on characters talking about their problems, and not enough spent on telling a suspenseful story. It's a fun, non-technical course, for both beginners and those needing some fresh insight on the screenwriting process. It also contains some useful legal tips about copyrighting, adapting existing properties, and working with other writers.

You can find the course here:
http://www.lynda.com/Screenwriting-tutorials/Screenwriting-Fundamentals/100223-2.html

Lynda.com also posted a few videos from the course on YouTube, if you want a taste:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA0AYf3jQoY

You can get a free week-long trial membership to Lynda. Otherwise, you can pay $25 for one month's access to their entire site, which includes my course and thousands of others. Many companies and schools already have Lynda accounts. Yours might too.

I hope you'll check out my course, and that you'll get something out of it. Thanks.

- Mark Tapio Kines

Didn't expect to see you here.

I've went through that course a few weeks back. It's seemed decent for a beginner.

I wouldn't mind seeing a more advanced writing course from you in the future.

Thanks, uh, Sweetie! I'm glad you enjoyed my course, and yes, if the Lynda.com people are in agreement, my hope is to do a sequel that will delve more into advanced concepts.

Back