9 Things I learned from going to film school

Hey guys. I'm a newly registered member over here at the forums. I've been around in the shadows for a few years, but decided finally to be more active... ANYWAYS...

I recently wrote an article for a website called Watchindie.net about 9 things that I learned from going to film school. I had posted it on reddit last weekend, and a lot of people seemed to gain from it so I thought I'd share it here as well.

For those wondering, I attended the School of the Visual Arts in Manhattan and just graduated in May of this year. I currently work in film distribution and marketing as well as do some Art Direction/ Production Design on the side.

For anyone wondering if film school is worth it. I can not answer that for you. I think that is a completely individual decision based on the way you learn, where you live, how much you can afford...so many factors. For me I thought it was completely worth it. It wasn't always easy or fun, but the connections I made and opportunities I've had by moving from Lancaster, PA to film school in NYC were incredible.

Check out the article and feel free to ask me anything that comes to mind.

http://www.watchindie.net/2015/08/22/9-things-i-learned-from-film-school/

Back