• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch And We Al Get Hit in the Face - Short Film

And We All Get Hit in the Face - Short Film

This was originally produced, start-to-finish, in seven days for a film contest. Music is original. Two cops try to force a confession out of an innocent suspect. Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/gIKvtL9DGRY

Last edited:
Hmmm. It was good. A little more information might have helped keep it interesting. I'm all for leaving it open ended but there's on so much 'he did it' without actually saying what 'it' is, that I can take. Good job, funny. Could have easily have been 5 minutes or less

Should of made the short look darker. Having it bright like that looks like a college film. Which if you were looking to do that good job you did well.

Only watched the first scene. You broke the 180 rule so many times it was incredibly jarring. My advice would be to think about the edit and make a shot list before you start filming rather than just picking a random place to put the camera.

I'm all for leaving it open ended but there's on so much 'he did it' without actually saying what 'it' is

You saw the scene where the girl gets attacked, though, right? That's the crime, though I do agree that the phrase "did it" is used a couple of times too many.

Only watched the first scene. You broke the 180 rule so many times it was incredibly jarring. My advice would be to think about the edit and make a shot list before you start filming rather than just picking a random place to put the camera.

Yeah, we're aware that this one's kind of wonky. This was our first time working with actors we didn't know and using locations that weren't ours, so our attention was really split. We didn't get our actor playing the girl confirmed until the day before the shoot and after several reschedules. The office locations we used were given to us on short notice and a limited time frame, so we literally didn't know what we'd be working with until we got there to shoot and we had to shoot fast. The room we had for the first scene was very small, if it isn't obvious, and we had to adapt around not being able to shoot there on our third day, hence, the garage. I always say that we need to plan everything out, develop shot lists, and generally know what we intend to do before we start doing, but for this shoot, it simply wasn't able to happen, nor were reshoots to fix some of those rule-breaks.

For what it's worth, my brother and I (playing the cops) are also the entire crew. Everyone involved appears in the film.

Should of made the short look darker

If we had the time to plan, we definitely would have. I tried to compensate a little with color correction without going overboard in the garage scenes.

Back