"Transcendance" and Johnny Depp.

Johnny was one of the hottest stars around, being the lead in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. Then came Lone Ranger, and, now Transcendance. What a difference a year can make.

He's had a 30-year career now where he's been up or down every few years - I wouldn't read too much into the failure of his most recent films. Admittedly he was terrible in the Lone Ranger, but the whole movie was pretty much a disaster so I don't think it's his fault it tanked. Something like the success of the Pirates franchise is one of those once in a lifetime things even for big stars, so it's not likely he'll ever come close to that again in terms of sheer box office numbers. It's probably a mistake on the studio's parts to try and replicate that based solely on him being the star.

I dunno guys.. I thought Lone Ranger was a fun popcorn flick -- you know, what it was intended to be. To each their own I guess.

The actor is just one brand label of the film.

The story and concept is narrow-mindedly the same of too many Hollywood films on AI. They won't accept AI without the human element. They can take notes from my I, Creator series and movies like The Machine where the AI has no interest in taking over the world, but rather help humans solve their problems.

Hollywood stereotypes will be the death of Hollywood.

I thought Lone Ranger was a fun popcorn flick -- you know, what it was intended to be.

That's actually what I was expecting, but felt it didn't deliver. The tone swung wildly from serious western to slapstick comedy - it felt like the filmmakers couldn't decide what kind of film they wanted to make. And I just never bought into Depp's characterization of Tonto - it felt like he was putting on act the whole time, unlike Jack Sparrow where the character felt completely natural to me. Overall it just felt like filmmaking by committee, where they were trying to put together something to follow the formula of the Pirates films and it just didn't come together properly.

Johnny Depp basically played Jack Sparrow w/ broken English and more makeup. He's a good actor and I hope that he starts signing onto some better films. Fingers crossed.

If anyone is on LinkedIn, Hollywood is worried about all the competition they are getting from other states and countries. They are just too old school with the same old same old to compete. The only movie that is deviating from their old school stereotype stories is Lucy.

If they can't get hip to the changing world, they are doomed.

If anyone is on LinkedIn, Hollywood is worried about all the competition they are getting from other states and countries. They are just too old school with the same old same old to compete. The only movie that is deviating from their old school stereotype stories is Lucy.

If they can't get hip to the changing world, they are doomed.

I'm on Linkedin - what's the link? :)

There are threads about this in quite a few groups, including The Producers Group, Independent Producers, Hollywood Funding, Independent Film Financing, and others. Some of the posters post on multiple forums. There are several discussions on the subject.

Back