Solo by Ron Howard

sfoster

Staff Member
From the director of Willow and Cinderella Man and Apollo 13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPEYpryMp2s

Finally a star wars I can get excited about... the last star wars film I looked forward to was Episode 1.
I even read the novel by terry brooks in advance :lol:

It's hard to say how this will do at the box office though considering the quality of recent star wars films and the odds that Solo will have zero jedi stuff in the film. Ah screw it, never tell me the odds.

Given that the last two saga films were rubbish, but Rogue One was great, I'm hopefully optimistic for this. Although I haven't been impressed with Howard's more recent films (like his Dan Brown adaptations).

Given that the last two saga films were rubbish, but Rogue One was great, I'm hopefully optimistic for this. Although I haven't been impressed with Howard's more recent films (like his Dan Brown adaptations).

Yeah I did not enjoy or finish "In the heart of the sea" howards 2015 film but the dude knows how to direct fantasy (willow) and he knows how to direct space films (Apollo 13) I have faith

Why does Chewi look like something I could get at Party City? No facial muscle movement.

When cliche dialog makes it into the trailer I have to wonder about the rest... "I heard a story about you I was wondering if it's true." "Everything you've heard about me is true." Really?

Okay well, not into SW anyway :lol:

Looks like it will have a lighter tone than The Last Jedi or Rogue One.

I loved The Last Jedi: it dared to go beyond the expected. Some flaws, sure, but the end: wow.
Rogue One seemed better the second time I saw it. I guess the reshooting made it a though one to edit coherently.

But: 25 may?

Cool :)
Saw The Last Jedia in March: 2 new Stat Wars movies in 2 months: not bad ;)

Back