Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Classified Ads > Film Market > Screenplays

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2015, 10:48 AM   #1
KJB857
Basic Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Gloucester, UK
Posts: 7
Post Looking for a screenplay

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a screenplay to direct and I was wondering if anyone could be of any help!

I've tried my hand at screenwriting but just can't get the hang of it so I was wondering if anyone fancied a collaboration.

I'm looking for something original that you can't find in any corner of the internet. I've directed a few theatre productions and a couple of short films that have been silent and unscripted.

Please give me a heads up if you're interested or know of anything!

Thanks

Last edited by KJB857; 05-01-2015 at 10:52 AM.
KJB857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member
 
Posts: 17

 
Old 05-01-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
jrusso
Basic - Premiere Expired
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 319
Sounds like a good movie title.
jrusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:14 PM   #3
mrpink89
Basic Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 551
I have one written up but would I get credit as a write? how would I know if I got credit too? is there financial compensation involved? how long of a screen play are you looking for?
mrpink89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:43 PM   #4
RationalScreenwriter
Basic Member
 
RationalScreenwriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Backstage
Posts: 16
Idea Rethink your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink89 View Post
I have one written up but would I get credit as a write? how would I know if I got credit too? is there financial compensation involved? how long of a screen play are you looking for?
You sir, are a not educated. It seems as though you have no Idea for how a screenplay works. First off, let me just tell you that a screenplay accepted by anyone; has to been a maximum of 120 Pages. Although during the process just before production can make the screenplay up to 300 pages maximum. (James Cameron did so with 'Titanic')
Second off, Yes; Of-course you get the credit for writing the screenplay (it's your's), as long as you have proof you have written it. (Take a photo, it'll last longer ) And Finally, Yes, there is always compensation (even if its really small) legally you are selling the rights your work (unless you are donating). All-In-All; Every legitimate Producer like the one who's posted this forum to the board, will know what there looking for, and would respond with-in a reasonable amount of time if they were interested.
RationalScreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:22 AM   #5
mikemintzdj
Basic Member
 
mikemintzdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 182
I have a short screenplay that I'm putting the finishing touches on. I will send you the link when it's finished.
mikemintzdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:06 PM   #6
directorik
IndieTalk's Resident Guru
 
directorik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: hollywood
Posts: 9,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalScreenwriter View Post
You sir, are a not educated. It seems as though you have no Idea for how a screenplay works.
Is this really necessary? This forum has people of all levels of education.
If you want to teach those who do not have the level of education you
do I suggest you lighten up. It does seem that mrpink has no idea how
a screenplay sale works. Do you feel it's proper to tear him down before
you offer your experience?
directorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:48 PM   #7
RationalScreenwriter
Basic Member
 
RationalScreenwriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Backstage
Posts: 16
Idea Quite..

Quote:
Originally Posted by directorik View Post
Is this really necessary? This forum has people of all levels of education.
If you want to teach those who do not have the level of education you
do I suggest you lighten up. It does seem that mrpink has no idea how
a screenplay sale works. Do you feel it's proper to tear him down before
you offer your experience?
I feel it to be proper and quite necessary.
RationalScreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:05 AM   #8
maz
Basic Member
 
maz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: UK (SE and Midlands)
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalScreenwriter View Post
I feel it to be proper and quite necessary.
Why? Why was it necessary to spout such pompous and inaccurate nonsense? In case you hadn't noticed, this isn't Hollywood, so your badly articulated opinions are entirely inappropriate. I've had a couple of shorts made from screenplays I collaborated on with other IT members. The length was determined by the budget and other constraints of the filmmaker - vague notions of 120-page maximums are irrelevant to this kind of endeavour. And I didn't get paid, but then nor did I expect to. I don't expect part-time filmmakers to have a budget to pay for a script when they're likely paying for the entire production out of their own pockets already. But some screenwriters may be unwilling to work in this arrangement so asking the question is a good starting point.

TL;DR: mrpink's questions were the right questions to ask and your advice was the wrong advice to give.
maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:13 PM   #9
RationalScreenwriter
Basic Member
 
RationalScreenwriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Backstage
Posts: 16
Idea What a point; not made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz View Post
Why? Why was it necessary to spout such pompous and inaccurate nonsense? In case you hadn't noticed, this isn't Hollywood, so your badly articulated opinions are entirely inappropriate. I've had a couple of shorts made from screenplays I collaborated on with other IT members. The length was determined by the budget and other constraints of the filmmaker - vague notions of 120-page maximums are irrelevant to this kind of endeavour. And I didn't get paid, but then nor did I expect to. I don't expect part-time filmmakers to have a budget to pay for a script when they're likely paying for the entire production out of their own pockets already. But some screenwriters may be unwilling to work in this arrangement so asking the question is a good starting point.

TL;DR: mrpink's questions were the right questions to ask and your advice was the wrong advice to give.
An opinion is an opinion!
RationalScreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:45 PM   #10
maz
Basic Member
 
maz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: UK (SE and Midlands)
Posts: 767
The appalling grammar should have marked you out as a troll
maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:10 PM   #11
RationalScreenwriter
Basic Member
 
RationalScreenwriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Backstage
Posts: 16
Idea Butt Hurt I See!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz View Post
Why? Why was it necessary to spout such pompous and inaccurate nonsense? In case you hadn't noticed, this isn't Hollywood, so your badly articulated opinions are entirely inappropriate. I've had a couple of shorts made from screenplays I collaborated on with other IT members. The length was determined by the budget and other constraints of the filmmaker - vague notions of 120-page maximums are irrelevant to this kind of endeavour. And I didn't get paid, but then nor did I expect to. I don't expect part-time filmmakers to have a budget to pay for a script when they're likely paying for the entire production out of their own pockets already. But some screenwriters may be unwilling to work in this arrangement so asking the question is a good starting point.

TL;DR: mrpink's questions were the right questions to ask and your advice was the wrong advice to give.
Well, im very sorry that you are quite butt hurt. You do not need to get defensive; we are all film makers here.
RationalScreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:39 PM   #12
maz
Basic Member
 
maz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: UK (SE and Midlands)
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalScreenwriter View Post
Well, im very sorry that you are quite butt hurt. You do not need to get defensive; we are all film makers here.
What an odd little troll you are.
maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:18 PM   #13
RationalScreenwriter
Basic Member
 
RationalScreenwriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Backstage
Posts: 16
Idea WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz View Post
What an odd little troll you are.
Thanks for the complement
RationalScreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:42 AM   #14
Myster82
Basic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: London
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalScreenwriter View Post
You sir, are a not educated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalScreenwriter View Post
(it's your's)
Ah, the irony.
Myster82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:11 AM   #15
Maxsdad
Basic Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Palm Springs/Santa Clarita
Posts: 108
I've been reading Rationalscreenwriter's rants, and I don't think English is his native language. His sentence structure reads like something out of Babelfish, and his syntax and total lack of punctuation (misuse of caps) makes me think his country of origin is Northern Africa/Middle East. I'm guessing a 1980's famine led to stunted brain development or something. The last time I read anything similar to what Mister Mucus Johnson (his "claimed real name") wrote, it started with "My name is DR CHARLES OBOSAH, INTERNAL AUDITOR MUTUAL OF OMAHA PLC. of the Republic of Zimbabalouie. I am writing in respect of a foreign customer of our bank Mr.JONATHAN GHUNIAM who perished in an auto-crash accident in his car in october . and left a fortune of $20.000,000.000 dollar US". Shades of Spanish prisoners.
Maxsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


©IndieTalk