Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Making The Film > Newbies

Old 06-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
Acoui
Basic Member

Post Free Short Film Scripts

Hey guys!

I began writing my own script a few months ago and I'm 10 pages in and stuck for ideas. In the meantime, I'd like to make some short films for practice but I can't seem to find any that are short, free, and ultimately good ideas.

Does anyone know where I can find some free short film scripts?

Thanks!
Acoui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 06-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
cameronchapman
Basic Member

One thing I've been doing is adapting short stories and plays in the public domain (in the US, pretty much anything published in 1922 or earlier is in the public domain, though you'll want to verify any specific works). It takes a bit of work, but I wrote an adaptation of The Princess and the Pea in an evening. I've been working on an adaptation of an old play, and I've got about 4 hours into that total so far, and it's pretty close to done. Just search for "public domain plays" or "public domain short stories" or "public domain fairy tales" (virtually all fairy tales are public domain) for tons of resources and examples.
cameronchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
Synia
Basic Member

cameronchpman has some good point

Alternatively if you just want script just for practice and for fun. You can film with any script you like, as long as you don't enter the film into a film festival and just show it to family and friends.

It's just like taking photocopied pages from a book while doing research back in school, and it's fine to do that, but as soon as you start selling the photocopies, or mass produce them for free, then you get in legal trouble.
Synia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:46 AM   #4
Aaron M
Basic Member

I've written a couple of (short) feature-length screen-play's, and a novella. I'm not competing for oscars any time soon, but if you want to shoot me an email with what you have to work with, preferred genre, and how short "short" is - I'd be interested in taking a swing at writing something for you.

dontwantanemail [at] gmail [dot] c o m

(yes, that's really my email)
Aaron M is offline   Reply With Quote