Indie film casting call

I am going to be shooting a short film this fall, the projected start date for filming will be Saturday October 16. Shooting will be taking place at Camp Tecumseh in Brookston, IN. This is the casting for the short film titled 'War of Brothers' If interested please PM me for audition information.

Synopsis: In 1860 a family enjoys the comfort of life in Virginia. Tensions rise in the south, and eventually the south succeeds. In the wake of the civil war, the family argues about whether slavery, and succession are to be tolerated. The year is now 1863, and war is in full swing. The family has split apart, one half moving to Pennsylvania, the other staying in Virginia. Two brothers are drafted into service, while their cousins join the southern army voluntarily. The brothers and cousins meet at the battle of Gettysburg where their fates clash with destiny.

Casting for the roles of:

Father Jed Hinkley (age 25-35), father of Logan and Jed Jr. Strict, yet loving father. Against the war and slavery.

Moses Hinkley (age 25-35), Father Jed's brother, father of Ben and Maxwell. Favors the south, strongly supports slavery.

Mother Mary Hinkley (age 25-35), Wife to Father Jed, torn between the love for her family and her views on the war. Mother to Jed Jr. and Logan.

Mother Susan Taylor-Hinkley (age 25-35), Wife of Moses Hinkley, mother to Ben and Maxwell. She is ashamed of her husband's ethics and his views on the war. Caring mother to both her children and Mary and Jed's children.

Jed Hinkley Jr. (age 14), Jed Jr. retains a child like innocence until he sees the horrors of war first hand at Gettysburg. He is very loving of his brother Logan and follows Logan constantly.

Ben Hinkley (age 16), Cousin to Jed Jr. and Logan, Ben is a smart, honest teen. Ben and Logan are very close and share similar characteristics. Ben is the brother of Maxwell.

Maxwell Hinkley (age 13), Maxwell is a very innocent kid. He sticks very close to Ben and views him as a father figure. Maxwell becomes more like his father after the death of his mother.

If you would like to audition for any of these roles, please PM me. If you have any other services that you would like to offer, they would be very much appreciated!

Last edited:
Back