what did I do?

Hey peeps,Love this sight!I am so totally happy with this cheap little panasonic that I just found out after trying the book out that it has a "cinema setting". Considering its a consumer cam and under 500. I just about died when I tried it out.Im saying holy freak!You wouldnt believe it!BUT now I have a problem I cant fix and its those comby horizontal lines.After toying around with a few things I cant make it go away!I started off looking great,like a nice job of making video lean to film but now it looks like silly with the cinema on.CAN ANY ONE HELP?I gotta say I stumbled on some good choices just by chance with panasonic pv and vegas as a newbie I gotta ask does any one else have this camera and use the cinema effect?THESE LINES ARE KILLING ME.

I have a low-end Samsung that also has a "cinema" effect -- basically it just masks the top and bottom of the image with black bars. I also use Vegas for editing.

Where/when are you seeing these lines? In the camera viewer? In the editor? If you are just seeing them in the editor, I wouldn't worry about so much -- you are really more concerned about the final product your export. Have you actually made a movie in the editor and rendered it to a video file? If so, what file type (.avi, .wmv, .mpg)? Have you tried exporting your movie project to other file types to see if that affects the outcome?

My suggestion would be to work up a sample project in the Vegas editor, then make the movie (save to your hard drive) and watch the finished product in your video viewer. I have seen the lines in the editor as well. It is probably due to a combination of video interlacing AND the large format video being re-sized down to a smaller size in order to work with it in the editor. I suspect your finished product will come out okay.

try using a deinterlace filter on the footage. I looked in the manual for that camera, it only shoots interlaced.

The way to prevent this is to limit motion in the frame (fore and background). Or deinterlace the footage (loss of resoution).

Dscaler might help with your deinterlacing woes.. ;)

Keep in mind though, that video on the TV is interlaced.. that's just how they work.

EDIT: ok, it probably won't help you.. looks like it's only for input from capture cards (like TV tuners and the like) but cool program none the less.

Last edited:
Back