• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My buddies and I made a feature for $3,000. Screened at two festivals. AMA

TRAILER: https://youtu.be/fxdngHCkp-k
FULL MOVIE: https://youtu.be/rjJc-THnO5A

Hey everyone,

Last August, we shot this film over roughly 4 weeks in an office building near Orlando. We raised roughly 2,000 via kickstarter (mostly from friends and family.) The rest of the funds we threw in ourselves. The room we rented in the office building was 1,000 for the month. They agreed to let us shoot in the lobby after hours and on weekends. We purchased scrubs and such from amazon, and a lot of the doctors equipment (like the bed, wheelchair, gas tank) from random people on craigslist. We paid our awesome sound guy, because he was the only professional, to take off work. Everyone else worked for free.

We shot on two Canon 6D’s, one we owned, and one we borrowed from a friend. We had also borrowed lights, but ended up not using any. We felt the lights in the room were ok, (but really none of us actually knew how to properly light anything.) We had all collectively made a few shorts, but none of us had worked on anything like this before. That being said, I’m proud of how it came out. We learned so much trying to figure everything out on our own. This year it was accepted and screened at the Orlando Film Fest & the Central Florida Film Fest. It was really pretty special to see it played on the big screen in front of people.

We were unsuccessful in finding any distribution, so we figured our best bet would just be to throw it up on youtube and let everyone see it. So here it is! I would love to answer any questions about the movie, how it came together, whatever! PLEASE ASK US ANYTHING!

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Just watched the trailer.

Some of the acting and comedic timing was flat/slow, but overall I enjoyed it. At first I was hating on the production quality, but once I realized you were going for a kind of "The Office" vibe, I instantly forgave it and allowed myself to focus on the story.

Nicely done for $3000, makes me want to try an ultra-low budget comedy, myself!

Back