Prop weapons & Seattle stunts

Always happy to meet more local film-makers interested in putting a little safe but exciting action into their production... I do fight choreography, gun wrangling, prop weaponry, some stunt work, and in a pinch I can do some blood effects as well.

www.fightdesigner.com
myspace.com/fightdesigner

Drop me a line if you want to talk shop some time, or have a project in mind. I'm also happy to look over scripts and give feedback on action scenes, in terms of realism, artistic options, budget or safety issues, etc.

Thanks,
Kevin Inouye

The gear on your website looks fantastic! If I was anywhere near Seattle, I'd definitely go for it!

Welcome to indietalk, by the way!

Thanks.

I do ship, but I haven't dealt with international shipping yet and I'm not sure I want to - Canada has different laws in regards to replica guns, and I'd hate to get on the wrong side of the law and/or have things confiscated. Swords or knives would probably be ok though- I've taken them across the border for workshops in Banff before.

What do you folks usually use for prop guns there- clear airsoft guns spraypainted black?

haha, the wrong side of the law is where I was born, baby!

But seriously, yes, we've been using BB-guns and Airsofts spraypainted, with digital muzzle flashes. Since we're "guerrilla" (no permits, no insurance), I generally try and avoid realistic looking guns.... ever since the SWAT team incident, anyway.

But if I'm ever even in BC doing a funded, non-guerrilla project, I'll be sure to look you up!

Back