• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Violence & Violins - Neo-noir short film looking for reviews

Hey fellow filmmakers

I produced and directed my first neo-noir short film "Violence & Violins" and i would be glad to have your reviews , it's an indie production with a micro-budget around 400$ , the dialogue is in Tunisian and subtitled in English.

I am a first time director , i didn't go to filmschool , I also did the editing , Grading , SFX , VFX .

Synopsis : On the resonating echoes of bullets and jazz,mysterious events occur between two Hitmen and a female violin player.

Vimeo link : https://vimeo.com/182390545

Thanks for watching .

Last edited:
I'm new to the forum and I have a ways to go when it comes to anything film e.g., critiquing, but I genuinely enjoyed the short you filmed and wish you well. What camera and lens did you use to complete your project?

Thank you for taking the time to watch my short film and for your kind words , We mainly used a canon 5D mkII with a 50mm F/1.4 Zeiss lens , then unfortunately the 5d fell and was shattered along with the lens , so we had to use whatever we had to complete the shoot , which was a canon 650D with a kit lens 18-55 .

It appears you rebounded from major set backs, quickly. How long did it take to film the short, how many were on your crew and were there moments you found comical? I think it's great you did a short with a $400.00 budget and it encourages me to follow through with my own projects . . . onward and upward.

I shot the short in 2 Days , about 12 hours of shooting per day , three people were on my crew and sometimes when actors weren't acting on a specific scene they'd lend a hand during production , and they were comical moments , a lot of them because we were all long time friends and we joked a lot during the shoot to keep things fun . Again thank you for taking the time to watch the short.

Back