Really need advice on cameras

Hi, could really do with some advice here. (By the way you will probably be able to tell I'm new to all this)
I'm looking to make my first ever short film and have been doing a lot of research into DSLRs.
I have a budget for some kit and almost ready to buy my first camera. Up until a few weeks ago I didn't really know much about DSLRs (I have only ever shot on digital camcorders) and I'm getting some conflicting opinions. A popular choice seems to be the Panasonic GH4. I am tempted to go ahead and buy this camera for various reasons, including the fact it shoots in 4k, is capable of a really high ISO (although some people say there is a lot of noise at higher settings) and also the price (id like to keep the cost of the camera body under £1200 if possible).
My question is this: what are peoples thoughts on the GH4 for shooting films, particuarly for low light conditions.
I thought with the ability to shoot 4k it would be a better choice than most other DSLRs but after doing a little research I cant find a feature film that was shot with the GH4, whereas quite a few Hollywood movies have been shot with various Canon and Nikon models for certain scenes, (and these models don't shoot in 4k, hence my confusion).
Some people claim some of the Canon models to be capable of much better images? I have spoken to a few experts in stores and online but these guys always seem to be more clued up on still photography rather than filmmaking.
Any help much appreciated :)

Back