Cinema Effect

Hey all,

I am shooting my short film fairly soon using a Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera with lenses - Canon 50 mm and Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm. The majority of my film will be shot inside with relatively normal lighting with the exception of one scene that will be fairly low light.

(I have After Effects, Premiere Pro, Final Cut, Da Vinci Resolve, and If I need to get anything else to work with I can do so.)

What I want to know is what things can I do to get the most professional or feature look to my film?
- What frame rate should I shoot it in?
- What things should I do editing wise?
- Anything else you think I should know is greatly appreciated.

If you're going the film festival route like me then save up for a pro to shoot. It depends on how complicated you want your short to be to know how much you'll have to save up. A 5-hour shoot cost me $400 then make up $45, food $50, they dressed themselves so free, the location was free, etc. If you have to pay for talent then do so but i was fortunate i didn't have to.

When i was shooting, i thanked GOD He and IndieTalk shown me the way. If you wanna DP then save up on equipment. I don't care to just bring it to life.

This is from the perspective of someone who wants to write and direct professionally but if it's a hobby then knock yourself out.

What film festival(s) did to you submit your work and do you have a sample/teaser you would like to share?

Salud,

Armored Saint

Back