• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Arsonist on our tail

VIEW THIS MOVIE

Kevin and Majoor Blaffinski spot something next to the road. Could that be the so-called workmule in the crevice? Of course, it must be! They have found their first clue. Kevin tries to figure out what it is telling them, and decides that it must the direction in which the shaft of the shovel is pointing. It is pointing towards an electric pylon in the distance. Their next clue must be there! Kevin and Majoor jump back onto their motorcycle and off they speed. But behind them, a mysterious character dressed in black makes an appearance. This character throws the shovel some distance away, and then sets the grass in the area alight. Is this arsonist responsible for all the fires that seem to be burning in various places around the environment?

VIEW THIS MOVIE

Too bad. Well you watched it for free so the price is right no? Just enjoy it for what it is. It's quality lies in many other aspects.

Cheers for watching, person!

I was playing it in Full HD and it looked like crap.

I dunno, ~Quality.
When something looks and cuts like this, clearly trying to be humorous and wacky, I can completely forgive the lack of quality in the camera's resolution.

In fact, I have a few friends who make a ton of comedic videos based entirely around their nutty performances, and they chose to shoot their vids on VHS, just because they thought it would add to their gimmick.

If your content is actually good, the type of camera you use honestly shouldn't matter. But, so many people refuse to believe that fact that you rarely see good stuff filmed on poor media these days. Or, any days for that matter. lol

Bottom line, while I didn't get what was going on, this was funny. So I give these guys a pass.

Bottom line, while I didn't get what was going on, this was funny. So I give these guys a pass.

It's a clip of a larger movie. I don't get the idea of releasing these little clips, there is no context and they last a about a minute, but it's how he releases all of his. You can click little scenes over on the right, and sometimes they even overlap. It's really hard to watch but I think the idea is to force advertisements.

Like Power Rangers? I can totally see that too even if that's not what you mean. It does have a certain feel.

Like Power Rangers? I can totally see that too even if that's not what you mean. It does have a certain feel.

Early 90s fantasy shows often had that soft-focus aspect to their cinematography. Even the first season of New Doctor Who used it for whatever reason. And there was a tendency to bathe fantasy works in rich orange light, even before color-grading was around to further enhance that sort of thing.

I can't quite think of a show that did this exactly. It was often more the educational live-action programs on PBS, like segments of "Between the Lions," or those brief live portions of "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego." You know what I mean?

Oh, and "The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones" might have done that sort of thing as well.

Last edited:
Cheers for watching guys, and thanks for being mesmerised by all the aspects :)

Indietalk Founder is almost right, except they're not part of a larger movie because together all the videos now uploaded and those coming would form probably a 5,000 hour long movie so it wouldn't be practical.

But yes, the key to understanding why stuff happen in one is to watch those on the list before it, for there are continuances of storylines. "Episodic" I think is the word used frequently out there.

Think of it as a daily comic strip. The videos are quick and short both so that they're easy and quick to watch without taking much time, and so that there can be only one concrete thought in each one at a time.

The latter helps with search traffic, or so I imagine anyway. I used to have long movies with general umbrella titles but that's not what people search for or watch because they don't know what's in it.

This one for example was called "Arsonist on our tail" so you knew there was going to be a guy in it behind someone else, setting fire to something. And that's exactly what it was. People like seeing what they already anticipate, with no surprises.

That's my thinking at this time anyway, and I do reserve the right to change my thinking without changing everything I wrote.

Ya'll be sure to watch the next one now!

Back