• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Music video, Gonna Stop Killing - Carla Bozulich

Please have a look at a music video I made for the American Singer Carla Bozulicht, for for her track "Gonna Stop Killing" on the album ‘Boy’. The song reflects a turning point in the existence of a hitman as he is retiring from his profession and ready to embrace a new life.
Starring Steven Lucke and his parakeet Roy.

http://vimeo.com/116440492

We used a Canon 5D Mark III with three Zeiss lenses: 35/1.4, 50/2 and 100/2, and using Magic Lantern for RAW filming.

Enjoy!

Martijn
Martijn Rijnberg
martijn@zerolandscape.com
www.zerolandscape.com

Incredible! Absolutely stunning visuals. Also you definitely catched the mood and feel of the song and music with the shots.

This might be slight of topic but.. This is the first full production I've seen where ML RAW has been used entirely. Would you mind sharing which version of ML RAW you used during the production of this video? Also, do you have some tips on an efficient workflow handling these large files? I'm using a 5D Mark II but I've never actually used RAW for a professional production yet. I have to do it now.

Great work!

/Joakim

Hi Joakim,

Thanks for the big compliments :) Much appreciated!!

As (my previous) answer to a somewhat similar question:

" I used firmware 1.1.3, with the nightly built of 7 August 2014 and RAWMagic to convert the MLVs. However, I wonder if that really matters. After importing the DNG seq in AE, I first rendered them to ProRes 444 (a workflow of Andrew Reids shooting guide). Then after importing the movs in AE, I used a combination of lot of effects such as Osiris LUT M31, FilmConvert, curves, Twixtor etc. Take a look at a discussion at Magic Lantern for some more info: magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14570.0"

So converting them to ProRes makes the editing much more manageable. And I did not see any loss compared to the DNG-sequence itself. There is this pdf to buy at EOSHD where it is described in detail.

I previously had a Mark II, but swapped it to get the slow-motion capabilities, and less movie and aliasing. However, I read some good stories about the look compared to the Mark III, and using crop (3x) mode removes the moire and aliasing.

As for the firmware, I used this built, after doing some research at the Magic Lantern forum. However, a newer version might be better. Just check to read some of their discussions.

If you have another technical question, just let me know.

Thanks again!

Martijn

Back