• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Love Squared - official trailer (dramatic ten-part webseries)

Hey oh!

What's up guys and gals. The official trailer for the dramatic ten-part webseries Love Squared has just been released. This means the first episode will premiere any day now...keep an eye out for this one.

We tried new things with this, obviously risky things. Firstly, we went dramatic, which is almost dooming to episodic content online. And secondly, we shot this as a series, as opposed to a feature. Two strong choices which I really think will pay off.

Shot on Red in beautiful anamorphic with some seriously unique 1970's Russian glass.

If you guys could like this on FB and keep an eye out for the first episode we would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you so much!

Vimeo
http://vimeo.com/35722071]

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTAgJgA_BLg

Facebook Page for Love Squared: http://www.facebook.com/LoveSquared

Last edited:
Nice trailer. I like your acting, dude! But you already know that.

I'm sure it's probably already done, and I don't know if you have direct access to the guys working in post, but some of the white-balance is a little weird. Creative coloring is great, but creative white-balance, not so great.

Anyway, I look forward to watching it!

Nice trailer. I like your acting, dude! But you already know that.

I'm sure it's probably already done, and I don't know if you have direct access to the guys working in post, but some of the white-balance is a little weird. Creative coloring is great, but creative white-balance, not so great.

Anyway, I look forward to watching it!

The DP went very yellow with the shoot on purpose. Which I actually like...sorta Ridley Scott...And even though I agree that there is perhaps too much yellow (it's a style choice) they are still tweaking the color.

On the indie side of things, let's be open about this...I think the style choice will see its way through...if you know what I mean. I don't think a colorist will step in and change the 'white balance'...which let's face it, isn't the issue here. The DP is very competent, it's just the way it was done, and the folks upstairs are happy with it.

It iz what it iz. :)

All in all...I don't think that will matter. I mean, this is a dramatic webseries...it will run the course it runs...great or small, it's definitely something that took chances. :) Don't worry about the white balance...wait until you see what the DP does with the lens flares...very cool and very ballzy. If you can deal with some of the 'softness' the lenses create (not out-of-focus, but really just soft), you can admire the cinematography. There will be a lot of haters, which I understand, but you can't fault the DP for having some style.

Buuuuut....I will say it does need a colorist to go to town on it.

[edit: drunk post portion removed]

ps. Steve...got anything going on? Want to meetup and talk about producing something? I'm in North Hollywood.

Cheers.

Last edited:
ps. Steve...got anything going on? Want to meetup and talk about producing something? I'm in North Hollywood.

I moved down to OC a few months ago, but we should definitely get together yes. :)

Will the episodes be released all at once, or periodically, btw?

I moved down to OC a few months ago, but we should definitely get together yes. :)

Will the episodes be released all at once, or periodically, btw?

Periodically. Not sure the time frame...I would say once a week...anything else and all the ADD online people will lose interest. ;)

Back