• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Top Ten Films of 2011

Wow. Our lists are very different from each other. But variety is the spice of life, no? :)

Notable films I'm yet to see:

The Tree of Life
Crazy, Stupid, Love
Melancholia
The Artist

Current Top-10

10. 50/50
9. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
8. Mission: Impossible 4
7. Puss in Boots
6. Midnight in Paris
5. Bridesmaids
4. Super 8
3. Source Code
2. X-Men: First Class
1. Rise of the Planet of the Apes

I only included UK 2011 release in my Top 10 list and didn't do any of the ones that were in awards contention for the 2011 awards season. If that makes sense.

10.) Animal Kingdom
09.) Hugo
08.) The Ides of March
07.) Rise of the Planet of the Apes
06.) We Need to Talk About Kevin
05.) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two
04.) Kill List
03.) Midnight in Paris
02.) Drive
01.) Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

And if you've any desire to send a hit my way then here it is in its handwritten, annotated and illustrated glory.

My top ten is eleven films in no order.

Midnight in Paris
The Tree of Life
The Artist
Melancholia
Hanna
Hugo
Drive
Martha Marcy May Marlene
The Skin I Live in
Meek’s Cutoff
The Future

Then eight more I very much like - but a top 19 is crazy.

The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo
Paul
The Help
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Bridesmades
Attack the Block
Certified Copy
Super

Three that no one saw but I loved.
The Last Circus
Little Big Soldier
A Lonely Place to Die

Thanks to this thread, and the recommendation of people whose opinions I highly value, I now have a few more movies to add to my must-see list. :)

I love the variety in these lists and I want to see more! There are several movies that I didn't get to see that I'm dying to see. There are also a few in those lists that I haven't even heard of. Looks like I have a few titles to add to my queue. Oh and I also added a short section on my top ten list detailing my five worst movies of the year. So what did everyone hate the most this year?

Last edited:
Not a specific top 10 but a few films that stood out for me were Drive, Kill List, Crazy Stupid Love, Moneyball and Hugo.

I realise it was only an honourable mention in your list but I really didn't find Another Earth everything it was cracked up to be. The other earth of the title was used too sparingly for me as an occasional metaphor when it essentially didn't need to be there. That aside, I found the general plot fairly standard stuff. Maybe I'm just a cynic but there seemed to be a lot of Sundance hype around that one

Not a specific top 10 but a few films that stood out for me were Drive, Kill List, Crazy Stupid Love, Moneyball and Hugo.

I realise it was only an honourable mention in your list but I really didn't find Another Earth everything it was cracked up to be. The other earth of the title was used too sparingly for me as an occasional metaphor when it essentially didn't need to be there. That aside, I found the general plot fairly standard stuff. Maybe I'm just a cynic but there seemed to be a lot of Sundance hype around that one

Agreed....also one question in this movie is not askt. And it bottert me during this movie constantly. If there is a other jou, and jou have sex wit him, is it homosexual? or is it mastrubation?

1. X-Men First Class
2. Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol
4. Thor
4. I Am Number Four
5. Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes
6. Hugo
7. Season Of The Witch
8. Hanna
9. Bridesmaids
10. Drive

I guess I need to get out more often. Some of these movies, I've never heard of until now. Thanks for the list, though. I look forward to watching all of them.

I did not see evry movie that I wanted to see yet. But of the ones I have seen from 2011 these are ones I liked best.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Hangover 2
Thor
Captain America
Money Ball

Back