Firefly reunion teaser

The cancellation of Firefly is a long story. Cut short, they kept moving it around on the schedule, airing episodes out of order...even the people who liked it right away had a hard time finding out when it was on. It was released on dvd and became a pretty big cult hit. Enough to justify making the movie (Serenity) which didn't do all that great, but made a lot of fans pretty happy. I personally came into it sort of late...saw a commercial for Serenity, read up on it and checked the series out. Absolutely loved it right away, and have been hooked ever since. Hell, it made me give Buffy another chance (and now I'm a big fan of that as well).

It is on Netflix instant, so richy, you DEFINITELY have to see it. Aspiring Mogul, don't know if you do the Netflix thing, but you should check it out (doubly so given how long you've been making the "curse" posts for ;) ) It's hard watching something that's been talked up as much as Firefly, but try to watch it without expectations.

I expect your reports on my desk by Monday morning.

Josh, I'm not a Western fan, but I love SF, so I don't know if that's the one for me - I didn't bother with cowboys and aliens.

Ernest Worthing - thanks for laughing at my humor. :)

I should add that I don't like westerns either. And when I saw it, thought that I didn't care about Joss Whedon. Still might not be for you, but it might be worth an episode or two :)

:lol: I loved Serenity too, so it makes me interested in checking the series out. It's definately on my queue. But currently I'm watching through Battlestar Galactica. I had to give it up at the end of the second season. So now I'm happily catching up with that awesome series. Then, I'll probably hit Firefly. =)

Holy crap, I can't believe it's been 10 years!!

Re-watched Alien:Resurrection and can see how Whedon translated some of his characters into Firefly series.

The cancellation of Firefly is a long story. Cut short, they kept moving it around on the schedule, airing episodes out of order...even the people who liked it right away had a hard time finding out when it was on. It was released on dvd and became a pretty big cult hit. Enough to justify making the movie (Serenity) which didn't do all that great, but made a lot of fans pretty happy. I personally came into it sort of late...saw a commercial for Serenity, read up on it and checked the series out. Absolutely loved it right away, and have been hooked ever since. Hell, it made me give Buffy another chance (and now I'm a big fan of that as well).

It is on Netflix instant, so richy, you DEFINITELY have to see it. Aspiring Mogul, don't know if you do the Netflix thing, but you should check it out (doubly so given how long you've been making the "curse" posts for ;) ) It's hard watching something that's been talked up as much as Firefly, but try to watch it without expectations.

Tardy, but better late? Josh, you were so right, of course. Just finished the series. Loved it. Thank you for the assignment. What a shame it got cancelled.

One little surprise and cool thing was seeing Christina Hedricks (Joan Harris from Mad Men) show up in Firefly.

So yeah, my report is: excellant show, did not disappoint. =)

Back